Drawer runners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can get some self closing , bearing guided , fully extending drawer runners please ? my supplier cant get any from Hafele until end of next week . I know blum do one called blumotion but i dont know anywhere that stocks blum stuff .
Thanks ,Jason .

why can't you get them from Hafele direct??

Just need to open an account and pay via credit card

Andy

Had the paper work to open an account once and needed references from other suppliers etc . couldn't be bothered with all that when i can normally nip round the corner and get what i want next day . Until today :lol:

I use the Blumotion undermount full extention drawer runners all the time, and find them to be ideal. I get them from Woodfit or Isaac Lord. You can get next day delivery from Woodfit by paying an extra £15, otherwise carriage free if the order is over £100 plus vat

John

Ive not used the blumotion ones before but i saw them when they first came out . have they changed what used to be a (crab) running up and down under the draw to something incorporated in the runner ?
The ones ive ordered from Isaac Lord where about £19 a pair but worth it if they do what i want . Shame they dont do a door version of it apart from the buffer but that wont work with a butt hinge .

JFC":2akt867w said:
The ones ive ordered from Isaac Lord where about £19 a pair but worth it if they do what i want .

£19 ??????

I missed the self closing bit you asked for but it sounds more of a gimmick than a neccessity imho. What size runners are you talking about?

One thing I did notice about the blumotion slides are their max loadage... between 30kg and 50kg. Standard ball bearing full extension slides have a max of... 100kg.

Neomorph":oqp2ltka said:
I missed the self closing bit you asked for but it sounds more of a gimmick than a neccessity imho.

Self-closing drawer runners, often also referred to as soft-close, are a virtual necessity once the customer knows about them.

John

Yep just touch the draw front and it shuts its self , its so cool !
400 mm runners ive ordered and the draw will be around 450mm x 400mm x 100mm if you can fit 30kg in that you need more draws !

To be clear, self closing and soft close runners are not necessarily the same.

Soft close runners are a type of self closer. However, a lot of standard drawer runners have a slight dip at the back end of the runner which means the roller or bearing shuts under gravity - most standard kitchen single extension runners are like this.

Soft close runners require a special mechanism either included in the runner or fixed to the drawer box base. This is essentially a spring that pulls against a damped pin.

Neomorph":ndns7yrc said:
Standard ball bearing full extension slides have a max of... 100kg.

Really? From where? The average, normal priced accurides for example are rated between 40-65kg.

Cheers

Tim

tim":3f8oqxi6 said:
Neomorph":3f8oqxi6 said:
Standard ball bearing full extension slides have a max of... 100kg.

Really? From where? The average, normal priced accurides for example are rated between 40-65kg.

Oops.. I got this blindspot... I measure wood in mph, temprature in kph and kg in lbs. :oops:

Buller Ltd":3f8oqxi6 said:
Made from galvanized clear zinc plated steel
the runners are guided by two ball cages (linear ball bearings)
they have a carrying capacity of 45kg (100 lbs)

Goddamn metric/imperial/klingon unit difference...
misc_depressed.gif

You will also find in most cases that the weight capacity is based on a 450mm runner, it goes down as the lenght increases.

JFC, If you are going for the Blumotion that fits into the base of the draw have you got the 45mm drill ready :( wouldn't want you to loose another couple of days sourcing a drill bit, though you can use a router,bush and template.

Jasonb

The description says its incorporated into the runner but the one i saw a while ago fitted on the base of the draw . We will see on Monday i suppose .

Jason,

Did you order them from Woodfit?

If the code is UBI then the mechanism is incorporated into the slide. If its UB then its the older style with the mechanism under the drawer as JasonB points out.

Cheers

Tim

Back