Disability Badges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary":2hmy1d1s said:
newt":2hmy1d1s said:
Gary":2hmy1d1s said:
Look at motorway services and supermarkets. Free for x hours then a charge. What a laugh only a mug would pay. Do your research and know the law, it saves you money.

It really hacks me off when plonkers/tight pineapples park in the local supermarket for free then shop somewhere else and I can't find a space to park to shop in the supermarket. Change the law and tow the plonkers car away.

I find it funny that Asda have spent money on ANPR to control their parking and they can't enforce it. They are relying on the uneducated just to pay up.

I suppose you would find it funny if you are one of those that believe it should all be free, you may not be aware there are more than a couple of cars in existence.

We pay enough to drive in the UK so why not get what you can for free?

RogerS":3n81g3e9 said:
Gary":3n81g3e9 said:

Perhaps because some of us still maintain a vestige of personal integrity ?

Spot on Roger, there are a lot of free loaders. I know that some charges in private parks are excessive and should be reduced, but just imagine the situation if all parks were free, some may just have difficulty finding a space to park.

If all car parks were free it would be easier to find a space. You wouldn't find queues for the cheaper ones.

RogerS":3n1gfsj6 said:
Gary":3n1gfsj6 said:

Glad yet take pride in being ripped off. Very British.

Gary":2rtofjzd said:
RogerS":2rtofjzd said:
Gary":2rtofjzd said:

Glad yet take pride in being ripped off. Very British.

Why is paying a resonable charge for a car park being ripped off? So you think that if all car parks were free there would be more spaces, why does your theory not work where I live.

Because it is usually at the expense/inconvenience of someone else.

Roy.

Digit":1bdm2inc said:

Roy.

So you would rather pay to park and let someone else have a free space?

Very good of you but I somehow doubt its true.

Digit":3t6lxwyf said:

Roy.

Roy very true. We are IMO suffering a significant increase in this country of " I don't give a toss about anybody else", quite sad really.

Gary":1ycuf2no said:
Digit":1ycuf2no said:

Roy.

So you would rather pay to park and let someone else have a free space?

Very good of you but I somehow doubt its true.

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

but I somehow doubt its true.

And you must have a very poor opinion of others, but, put it this way. Locally our disabled parking slots are usually easier to get into and nearer to shops etc and much wider than the normal slots. So frequently I will park in a 'normal' slot so as to leave the disabled for those who need it more than we do!
Thus I object to people with your attitude, and frequently minus a badge, then takaing the slot that I have left vacant!
Some of our car parks you pay for some are free. The ones you pay for pay the wages of the warden whose job it is to help keep the disabled slots free of people with your attitude!

Roy.

Roy, I suggest you actually read this thread and not just cherry pick pieces out.

Digit":1vugjmp5 said:
Thank you for the advise!

Roy.
No worries.

Maybe you'll show us where I said I parked in such bays. All I posted are the facts as they are. The shopping centre disabled bays hold the same standing as parent and child bays, which I do use. But I guess you'll pay I have an attitude for using them.

I wouldn't know, I know only that which you have demonstrated, which to coin an old saw is, 'I care not for thy predicament Jack, pull up the ladder, I'm alright.' And from the other posts I would seem to have some support.

Roy.

Digit":25jubupl said:
I wouldn't know, I know only that which you have demonstrated, which to coin an old saw is, 'I care not for thy predicament Jack, pull up the ladder, I'm alright.' And from the other posts I would seem to have some support.

Roy.

You really need to relax a bit at your time of life and not wind yourself up so much.

You really need to relax a bit at your time of life and not wind yourself up so much.

And once again I thank you for your advise, but having reached the grand old age of 71 the words Grandmother and eggs comes to mind.

Roy.

Back