Day van, Has anyone any experience please?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackrodd

Established Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately my boss passed away a couple of weeks ago, so apart from a few odd jobs I'll be retiring around about now!
I've replaced my old boxer with a slightly newer but very low mileage fiat jtd and am undecided as to buying the interior from a good caravan breakers, or doing a self build day van, For tea and toast on Exmoor
Has anyone carried out a conversion?
TIA, Rodders

Daughter and husband have done two - a T25 Transporter that took them to Spain via Faeroes, Norway and most of Europe and currently a T5 that they use as mobile office, holiday home and HGV. Cheaper to do it from scratch apart from beds, but takes time. Happy to answer any questions, as got roped in pretty often during the construction.

Dickm, Thanks for that, looking for a donor caravan at the moment, before I make the decision.
It's not the best time of the year to be looking for a caravan, out of season would be better.
Regards Rodders

it all depends on what you want to use it for really if its a fully kitted out van to sleep in it has to have certain things to be classed as a campervan . it needs a bed ,wardrobe and running water as for converting i think haines the car manual books do one for converting a camper it covers everything gas,.good electrics etc good luck with it

Have a look at magnum motorhomes website, they are probably the biggest supplier of parts for self builds.

lincs1963":17c4z14t said:
Have a look at magnum motorhomes website, they are probably the biggest supplier of parts for self builds.

They certainly are and just up the road from me. I used to work with the owner Kenny when i built caravans for a living.

I've converted a few vans into campers in my time, so if you have any specific problems that you encounter, post them here and i'll try to help.

Thanks for the replies, I'm looking for windows at the moment, I had a sliding pair lined up on fleabay, on the morning of the sale we had a power cut 'Er indoors forgot to tell me about so that was that! looking again now,
I've got 3 rolls of insulation itemised, and the stretchy finish too.
Regards Rodders

Back