Data protection question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Recently received a quote from a major company for some work and on their acknowledgement of order they ask for bank details (fair enough) but they also ask for my date of birth ...quote "mandatory to comply with Data Protection requirements when we conduct a search).

Now, on principle, given that my DoB is often used as one of the security questions, I release it reluctantly. So why is this 'Mandatory to comply...etc'? Sounds like a lot of old codswallop to me or have I missed something?

Looks like they are going to do a credit check on you Roger. Personally I'd tell them where to get off and forget about bank details and DOB and find somebody else. Obviously I don't know what the details are of the work you are hoping to get carried but what happened to deposit and staged payments etc?

Rgds

Noel

Noel":1im0x610 said:
but what happened to deposit and staged payments etc?

Rgds

Noel
Credit checking seems the likely reason but deposit and staged payments are no reason for not credit checking if you see what I mean.
Cheers Mike

Roger Sinden":268o8sak said:
Interesting but do Experian et al have my DoB? And if so where did they get it from?
From the electoral roll.

They gather data from lenders, banks etc any one who has ever extended you credit or collected information about you at the point of sale all in the name of the greater good (ahem).
Cheers Mike.

Latest posts

Back