Dakota Tenoning Jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike.C

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone come across this tenoning jig before?

Apparently it differs from some of the rest, because it allows the user to still cut tenons by holding it against the mitre fence, if the mitre track in their saw is not the right size.

Cheers

Mike

Hmm...Guess you could do that with any brand tenon jig if you remove the bar. I certainly wouldn't recommend it-I have the delta jig and although it weighs a ton I feel a lot safer with it being guided by the mitre slot. (It has tags to stop it being lifted out of the slot by the blade)
Hope this helps
Philly :D

Thanks Philly. I wasn't really thinking of getting one. Rutlands sent it to me and i just wondered what others thought of it. The whole idea of using it with your mitre gauge did strike me as a bit of a afterthought.

Cheers

Mike

Mike.C":27njq0rf said:
Thanks Philly. I wasn't really thinking of getting one. Rutlands sent it to me and i just wondered what others thought of it. The whole idea of using it with your mitre gauge did strike me as a bit of a afterthought.

Cheers

Mike

They SENT it to you? :shock: ... I just got an email about it :roll:

Mike.C":36kap2x1 said:
John wrote:

They SENT it to you? :shock: ... I just got an email about it :roll:

HO HO HO =D> =D> =D> You should be on the stage! SWEEPING IT :lol:

Cheers

Mike

heh.. I hate Rutlands. They keep sending me emails about stuff I'd love but can't afford. That jig price is nearly £50 and could actually be built for a fraction of that.

John,

It may make it easier to bear in mind that Rutlands probably don't have any anyway, so you can't have one even if you do have the money. :lol:

Hi,
I have the Dakota jig in question and it's very heavy. As Philly say's, it is probably not a good idea to hold it against a mitre gauge as the slightest sideway movement could be dangerous but I see no reason why a new bar that fits your own table slot couldn't be fitted.
cheers,
jon.

Mike.C":19jtexo2 said:
John wrote:

That jig price is nearly £50 and could actually be built for a fraction of that.

There even more then that "£89.95"

Cheers

Mike

holysheep.gif
holysheep.gif
holysheep.gif
holysheep.gif

I'm going blind as well as daft. :oops:

Back