Countersink.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIGNAL

Established Member
Reaction score
Recently picked up this old Sorby Countersink.

Quite a nice item except that the stamp is way off being positioned correctly and the finish is a bit lumpy. It will have to go in the bin. I keep looking at it and consequently feel very uneasy, spending the next few hours pacing up and down the room! Thankfully with modern laser etching we don't have to put up with this sort of rubbish any more!

Personally I'd take a grinder to it and grind off those nasty punch marks and smooth out the rough steel. you could grind the end so it will fit a good modern electric drill.

My bin has been emptied today if you cannot find room in yours (hammer)

I might just check it for size in my brace first :lol:

Regards Keith

A "Neil" from the maker just called about people casting doubts about their good intentions.to forge ahead with a complete renaming from the simple Roman "I.Sorby" to simply "Robert"...the name of the workshop cat who had a liking for tea.

Once the name change has been completed...everything can then be painted green in accordance with tradition.

If the rumours are true (and Jimi is evidently closer to it than me), there'll also be an "upgrade kit", consisting of a small pot of green touch-up paint, and a piece of green heatshrink sleeving with the new name on it in the official logo.

For owners of older products, they've rejected the idea of a name filling-in and re-stamping service, on the grounds it would be 'silly'.

If it's true, that's probably pushed the value of this one up quite a bit...

Back