Corro Dip vs Citric Acid help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it had been £30 + £5 p+p I would have bought it.

£10.50 p+p for 1 litre is daylight robbery IMVHO

Mr_P":2ezuhi4b said:
If it had been £30 + £5 p+p I would have bought it.

£10.50 p+p for 1 litre is daylight robbery IMVHO

Agreed...had I had to pay postage I would have complained...maybe you should email them and voice your opinion.

There are a few companies that do this and it is unacceptable...but I'm just commenting on the performance of the product...as I carried mine home from a field :mrgreen:

Mind you...I've had mine for um...three years now at least...same litre...has lots left and I have done loads of tools with it.

Jim

I'd gladly walk across several muddy fields to avoid paying excessive postage charges.

Good idea I will vent my spleen at them via email.

Anyway I won't lose any sleep over it, I leave that to certain evil but very well photographed blogs that plant ideas in my head that my sharpening stone is upside down.

Mr_P":ek0zij2t said:
I'd gladly walk across several muddy fields to avoid paying excessive postage charges..

Just think yourself lucky you don't have an AB postcode - we are 10 miles from the sea, but lots of companies insist we are "Highlands" and stick on a huge surcharge.

in fairness to corrodip.

i did question the postage and asked for local stockist, of which there were none.

They use Royal Mail, whether rightly or wrongly. The chap i questioned it with broke down the charge for packaging- they are not making anything much on the P and P element- they have (IMHO) made a poor choice of shipper.

You could try this.

You only need 250ml to make a 5 litre reusable bath, so as well as being cheaper per working strength litre, it's lighter to post too.
It's pH neutral and biodegradeable so you can dispose of it safely down the drain and for items that are unsuitable for dipping they also do a gel version.

For things like planes I'd probably still go for the gel, you'd only need an eggcupful so on balance it's probably no dearer than the 'electrified rola-cola and powdered Aldi extra strong mints' methods.

Apologies to liquideng after checking Royal Mail website that price is indeed very reasonable for postage.

Having said that

they have (IMHO) made a poor choice of shipper.

I would second that but I'd rather they use Royal Mail than the some other firms who have a very poor reputation for paying staff a fair wage.

Thanks Matthew for highlighting a cheaper alternative. I was only this morning looking at your saw files.

The issue is about whether a product works effectively to remove rust.

It does.

It works far better than any other product I have tried.

It's expensive...but I paid 50p for it at a bootfair.

Would I pay the retail price for it if I ran out? Absolutely!

Would I pay fair but high postage? Absolutely!

For evidence as to why...just do a search on Corro in the search engine on UKW.

Now....about my gas bill....!!! :mrgreen:

Jimi

Thanks Jimi, I've read every page of your blog and you clearly know your stuff.

Will have to bite the bullett and pay the extra for corro dip as the cheaper alternatives might work just as well but none are as re-usable as the corro dip.

Edit: Ordered Corro dip Monday am

Back