clarke cwl6

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lister321

Reaction score
Hi i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get a faceplate and chuck for a clarke cwl6 wood lathe the head stock is 3/4 10 tpi. I have spent a age looking on the interweb with no joy. Any help would be appreciated. cheers a frustrated Steve

http://www.yandles.co.uk/product.php/site/froogle/sn/RPOIHNS

I2NS_280x280.jpg

Product Code: RPOIHNS

INSERT FOR NOVA CHUCKS For 3/4" x 10tpi BSW Lathes

Hi CHJ
Thanks for your help but sorry for been a little thick here does this take the head stock from 3/4 10 tpi to 3/4 16 tpi ?
Thanks Steve

Not sure what the external thread is but it fits as an insert in the Back of the NOVA Chucks which can be adapted to fit various smaller spindles.

If you get a NOVA Chuck with this adapter it would solve you chuck problem.

A spare one could be used as a bush to manufacture a Face Plate.

Hello Lister123 and welcome :D
I have a 3" face plate that you can have,if it's of any use,that fitted my Perform lathe,but i can't remember the thread size of it. Anyone know:?

Edit-: just found out that it is 1" x 8tpi. :roll:

The Perform is 1" x 8 thread.
Aren't record lathes the required thread in which case inserts and chucks should be common enough in most dealers

Pete

Bodrighy":uecvbn6h said:
Aren't record lathes the required thread in which case inserts and chucks should be common enough in most dealers

Pete

I believe smaller records are or were 3/4 X 16 Pete.

CHJ":24ls1fll said:
Bodrighy":24ls1fll said:

Pete

I believe smaller records are or were 3/4 X 16 Pete.

Oh well, I'm half right :lol: My average has gone up

Pete

If you are looking for a chuck, you'll almost certainly have to go the route suggested - Nova or similar with appropriate adaptor.
But if it's just a faceplate, and you have a metalworking friend, they could weld the appropriate BSW nut on to any old faceplate that you can find.

Latest posts

Back