Chuck - Jaw compatibility.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hornbeam

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there a list anywhere of which jaws are inter-changeable with other chucks.
I am trying to find if any other makes fit a vicmarc VM100 chuck
Ian

there was this Chuck Jaw compatibility

I have found that the Vicmarc jaws seem to offer something for everything I have needed. they aren't cheap though, particularly in the uk. might be cheaper to buy from Timberbits in Australia and pay the import charges.

Never owned anything made by Vicmarc...unfortunately:(. I know the Record Power SC series jaws and Nova Jaws are compatible with each other and the Patriot chucks. So, going on what Peter said, there is a chance Nova and the current RP jaws might be ok.

@Adam W. I've picked up various jaws & a couple of chucks since getting my VL100 lathe. It took some investigations to establish that the old RP4000 chucks were made by Vicmarc, the main issue is that most were direct threaded. I've now treated myself to a new VM100 that has a threaded insert. Interestingly the VL100 lathes were made with different threads, all makes for a interesting challenge !!

I have done a bit of digging and all of teh following chucks / jaws are compatible
  • Charnwood Viper 3
  • Charnwood W836 (Requires V3JS jaw screw set)
  • Vicmark VM100 (Requires V3JS jaw screw set)
  • Record RP4000
  • Rutlands Dakota XT700
  • Warco 9405
  • Craft Supplies CS400
  • Fox FX4000
  • Versachuck (Requires VM100 Jaw Carriers)

Also Vicmarc VM120 is compatible with Charnwood Viper 5

Back