Chestnut Buffing System

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tekno.mage":17lx5erk said:
On pale woods, I never use the first wheel & tripoli compund as I find it can leave dark marks (especially in any textured areas!) so I start with the second wheel and the white compound. Kym
I do agree on this point, and actually find the second wheel can leave light deposits on dark wood.

Lightweeder":p64l577v said:
I do agree on this point, and actually find the second wheel can leave light deposits on dark wood.

Yes, it can - what I do when polishing darker woods with the white compound is to use less compound (ie polish something else pale first and don't re-load the wheel with compound) and slow down the speed of the wheel when polishing any parts of the item with texture or grooves in.

tekno.mage":27x3n8oh said:
Lightweeder":27x3n8oh said:

Yes, it can - what I do when polishing darker woods with the white compound is to use less compound (ie polish something else pale first and don't re-load the wheel with compound) and slow down the speed of the wheel when polishing any parts of the item with texture or grooves in.
I'll try that Kym.

Latest posts

Back