cedar bowl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenw1963

Established Member
Reaction score
Liked the last one so made another at the weekend.
Slightly different in that there is a more pronounced rim between the bowl part and rim.
Plus didn't want as black & shiny finish as the last one. This one is more gray in colour.
Love the grain pattern this finish brings out.
This is approx 14 inch diam.
Black ebony paint, wiped whilst still wet then finished in acrylic spray lacquer.

C&C welcome

Messed the pics up - put the same one up twice - now amended.

Attachments

• new cedar bowl c.jpg
    new cedar bowl c.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,080
  • new cedar bowl b.jpg
    new cedar bowl b.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,081
  • new%20cedar%20bowl%20a.jpg
    new%20cedar%20bowl%20a.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 997
Love the grain and the finish ,never turned cedar but have used it on other projects and loved the smell . Well done .

Cheers Eugene & Bob.

Woody - not a chance it's going with the other one - Paula said it's staying here :lol: :lol:

Need to find some more big bits of Cedar or other open grain blanks, love the pattern this finish ends up with.

Well done Steven Nice Looking bowl My Opinion Is its As Classy as the last one Very well turned and finished thanks for showing it here as I don't see your work on other forums any pics of the underside? =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Regards
Bill

Very impressed, I like both the design and finish. How did you go about getting the two narrow light coloured rims and the black rim !
John

John,

Turn the rear of the bowl first, then turn around when done.
Draw a circle on the face side the size of the bowl part but leave alone.
Shape the rim first, sand etc to a finish.
Spray the paint, doesn't matter if it oversprays on the bowl part as you've still to hollow it out.
Once it's sprayed leave to go tacky then use a lint free cloth to wipe off most of the paint until you get the colour / transparency you want.
The two narrow grooves were then done with a parting tool or skew.
Hollow out the bowl part and finish as req.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back