British wooden moulding, bench and stop planes and their mak

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plumberpete

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't posted on here for a long time due to work, kids and other commitments but would like to draw attention to this group on Facebook. I hope this is allowed as it doesn't really detract from the work and discussions on here but understand if not.

I've set up a Facebook page for those who are interested in all there is to do with old British wooden planes, from how they were made, what they were used to make, to the people who made them.
It's a place to share images of your planes, historical facts and any paraphernalia associated with the subject.

The page can be found here; https://www.facebook.com/groups/390583714629794/

Plumberpete.

Hi Pete,

It's good to hear that your interest is still bubbling away. I don't like to sound negative, and I know that there is a lot of good discussion on Facebook, but some of us are on here precisely because we don't want to be on Facebook!

I guess you can't please all the people all the time.

PS - When's the book coming out?

Hi Andy,
Good to hear from you. Yes, I agree Facebook is not everyone's cup of tea including mine until very recently when I finally submitted to its claw like grip when I used it to set up a business page. I wanted somewhere to discuss these planes without the thread getting lost and without the time consumption of an actual webpage. It might work, you never know!

The book is almost written, I just need a week to myself to compile all the info into chapters, so probably in a couple of years when my kids start school...

Back