Briggs and Stratton engine help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gatesmr2

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello

Wonder if anyone can help me.
I have two mowers from Focus both have Briggs and Stratton 35 classic engines on them. They are two years apart in age but nearly identical, Both red and black bought about 3 and 5 years ago.
Think they are missing a spring in the throttle assembly, if anyone can help me by taking a pic of there’s if they have one, just need to take the air filter off.
I would put a pic up but having tried in the past and failed but will happily send a pic to anyone who might be able to help.
They are running very badly and after checking the spark plug its sooted up and nice and black after a few mins the engine just dies, and i changed the spark plug three times same thing happened so assume they are running with the choke on still hence the missing spring !!
It does not have to be one from Focus by the look of it it’s a very common engine for this type of mower. Have checked online but can't find a pic with the filter removed to show the assembly.

Thanks for any help

Martin

Cheers for your quick replies guys

Will have a look at that site Travis :D
And only had a spits worth of old fuel in the tank and filled it with new bought today.
Was trying to do a first cut as the grass is out of control after being left last year, it seems to stall when it feels like it no matter if its sitting there or cutting.

Thanks for your help

Martin

Cheers Travis

Had a look on that site and it turns out common fault is the carb gasket 3 quid for that and a new spark plug 6 quid total running like a dream :D

Martin

Back