Bit more off topic than normal but here goes!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spinks

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, hope someone on here is feeling helpful. We spend a fair amount of time in North Wales travelling and holidaying and in september we are off up there again, but this time we are towing our caravan. Now we have chosen a promising looking campsite just outside Beddgelert on the Rhydd du road. Our problem is this....the road I normally take is up the A470 from cross foxes, turning left at Gellidan towards Porthmadog on the A487, then in the small town of Penrhyndeudraith turning right onto the A4085 and away to Beddgelert. Now, towing the caravan the lane out of Penrhyndeudraith towards Beddgelert is way too narrow (think terrace single lane street with no passing places on a steep hill) so I am looking for an alternate route to Beddgelert from the south....Can anyone help with a route or recommend a website better suited for my question please??

cheers in advance for your time peoples!

If a campsite takes caravans this sort of FAQ is probably covered on their website. If not, it's the sort of question where you could give them a quick call and judge their local knowledge and friendliness at the same time.

One other thought - Google streetview covers even the country lanes now, so you can preview your intended route yard by yard and see how narrow it is.

AndyT":url6ibpm said:
If a campsite takes caravans this sort of FAQ is probably covered on their website. If not, it's the sort of question where you could give them a quick call and judge their local knowledge and friendliness at the same time.

One other thought - Google streetview covers even the country lanes now, so you can preview your intended route yard by yard and see how narrow it is.

Also great for finding "wild camping" spots :)

If you find that site/ access i can highly recommend this site as i have been going there for about 10yrs now. The couple who run it are great and very friendly :)
Plus the access is good and easy to travel out to beddgelert as i have done so numerous times myself. In fact i will be there myself in october :D

http://www.rynys-camping.co.uk/

Carl, we have stayed at Rynys farm before and I agree, its a stunning location but we wanted to be nearer beddgelert this time just to explore around rydd du and its routes around the mountains!!

Ahhhh fair enough. I hope you can sort it out.
I only know of one that is about half way between the 2 at Llyn Gwynant but that has a very very steep access road.

Hahaha....we stayed at Llyn Gwynant 3 weeks ago....another stunning location...and the pizzas are awesome after a days walking!!!

Back