BIll Pentz cyclones etc available again in kit form...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ondablade

Established Member
Reaction score
I just noticed this on Bill's website today: http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclon ... nekits.cfm - and thought some of you might be interested given all the discussions of the the desirability of a cyclone to drop out most of the dust if you want to use the very fine filters needed to take out sub micron dust particles at the sort of higher airflow rates needed to collect effectively at machines.

As an interim arrangement pending another company taking over production (the prior producer Clear Vue closed due to retirement of the owner on 1st May) it seems his son is doing cyclone and blower kits - in flat pack galvanised steel and MDF form i think.

I know nothing of this situation beyond the above, so if interested please check out the pros and cons for yourself, but at least in principle this probably is a more attractive proposition to ship across the Atlantic than the fully assembled units done by Clear Vue.

PS my own Pentz system is now chugging steadily along. I got delivery after a long delay of my ducting and the cyclone body and other fabricated parts last week. (the makers laid off a load of people and had a couple of large industrial orders on)

I was a bit cautious about having them do the cyclone but it has turned out to be a very nice job. One major factor in this is that the sheet metal blanks/developments were laid out on a CAD system (all they had to do was key in the finished dimensions for the cone and the cylinder, and it did the rest), and then sent to a computer controlled plasma profiling machine for cutting out.

It can of course all be done by hand, but there's a lot of ways for inaccuracies and misalignments to creep in with manual layout and cutting with snips - whereas rolling the cone and the cylinder and assembling the two becomes very straightforward if your blanks are spot on accurate.

Back