Best Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bartypit

Established Member
Reaction score
Please can anyone recommend best thicknesser, in their opinion? not a combined planer thicknesser , just the thicknesser. Also, has anyone any experience of the small 150mm Axminster planer.

Be very grateful for input!!

I lIke the Dewalt 733 - tho mind you ive not used anything to compare it against - powerful accrurate robust and easy to set up. gets my vote

bartypit":nzi45vee said:
Please can anyone recommend best thicknesser, in their opinion? not a combined planer thicknesser , just the thicknesser.

I reckon this one has to be in with a shout of being the best one if you chose all the right options.

Thats nice does it have an optional wheelkit? Or would you store it on a shelf?

I have this one Bartypit.
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product....name=thicknesser&user_search=1&sfile=1&jump=0

After I adjusted the out feed it was fine. If I had the choice again I would probably go with the DeWalt as I've read so many good reviews. I also have the WP150 Planer and have had no probs with it, a good, inexpensive starter machine. However, if you are going to buy don't dither, as you can see as the prices are always going up

This was the price in May 2006:

1 Axminster CT330 Thicknesser - 240V
Product Code: 400390 £279.96 £279.96
1 Axminster WP150 Planer - 240V
Product Code: 910412 £128.35 £128.35

Phil

I see Axminster are now offering an MB1933 for £260, whats the difference btween that and say the DeWalt and the other Axminster?

Presumably they are all Chinese..

Back