• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Bandsaw rip fence

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SLM

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a rip fence suitable for a bandsaw?

Anything considered; I’m happy to repair or adapt to suit my machine.

Thanks very much!

I fitted the Kreg one - it can be used either side of the blade but the rail fits tight up against the table so needs to be removed to change the blade. Looks like the Record one above keeps the blade change slot free?

I fitted the Kreg one - it can be used either side of the blade but the rail fits tight up against the table so needs to be removed to change the blade. Looks like the Record one above keeps the blade change slot free?
Granted nearly all the sales pictures of it show it installed on machines where the blade has to be rotated 90° before pulling it though the edge of the table so the fence support rail can be fixed snug upto the edge of the table but, with some simple stand offs you can have the blade exiting the table on the support rail side like in the first attached image, or you can go the Paul Sellers route and bolt the support rail flush but then cut it into two pieces where the blade needs to come through it at changing time as per the second image.

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpeg
    IMG_0374.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0376.jpeg
    IMG_0376.jpeg
    313.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I havent a photo but I fitted the axminster one and am happy with it. Only issue is if your blade comes off via the front of the saw you have to remove the guide rail (as Terry has explained). Can either cut through it or mount it using thumbscrews - I mounted mine using thumbscrews and remove each time which is a slight faff. Maybe one day I'll do the cutting job as suggested above!

Back