Back on the horse,well lathe.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny.t.

Established Member
Reaction score
Having finished the pen order for the gallery,I was left with some 'me' time on the lathe. Felt a bit of trepidation as I took the saw to another bit of that Ash but stuck it on the lathe put on me new full face protection and nervously started........

10 3/4" wide with a nice hole :lol:

Comment/critique appreciated

JT

THERE's A HOLE IN IT!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Just kidding JT. Nice return to power there. Lovely work.

it will never hold soup you understand :lol:
Great return JT, lovely bowl and i love the intrusion too, very masterfully cut.
Is that the end of the pens now??

Attractive display of the woods potential, smooth lines enhance rather than detract from natural character.

wizer":15dn4mvd said:

Like my forehead :lol: :lol:

stevebuk":15dn4mvd said:

Thre will always be little bits to use up Steve and I did find the pens great fun to do, so I want to and will be doing more. Not to mention I hope the gallery sell the others and want more, also I need to do some to sell in my other little venture 8)

Pete, one day you're going to be found laying at the bottom of your garden with lots of pens sticking out of your back from all the pen people you keep upsetting :lol: :lol: :lol: but yes its nice to do something bigger again :D

Chas, The simple form seems to suit these interesting bits of wood,the timber just speaks for itself :) The bit that attacked me had more colour than this bit :roll:

cheers JT

johnny.t.":1vgws1jo said:
......The bit that attacked me had more colour than this bit .....

I guess that influenced the language emanating from the shed then after the event.

johnny.t.":jqqjhj6u said:
Pete, one day you're going to be found laying at the bottom of your garden with lots of pens sticking out of your back from all the pen people you keep upsetting :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers JT

I have nothing against making pens and hope I have never said anything to upset 'the pen people' Seriously I can admire the skill involved and a lot of the pens are really beautiful, just somehow can't get excited over them personally. Perhaps because you can't easily make pens with holes and bits of bark? :lol:

Pete

Cheers Paul

Paul.J":1tj1tzk1 said:
Did yiu feel any safer with the face shield on :?:

Its just one of those Axminster jobbies, its nice to have the protection of the hard bit over your forehead and the visor stopping the shavings(no more mouthfuls of shavings :lol: ) but the visor part seems quite 'lightweight' and I don't know how it would perform against another 1.5kg missile. So I'm mostly putting my trust into very close scrutinisation of the timber before and during turning.

JT

johnny.t.":2drgnada said:
wizer":2drgnada said:

Like my forehead :lol: :lol:

stevebuk":2drgnada said:

Thre will always be little bits to use up Steve and I did find the pens great fun to do, so I want to and will be doing more. Not to mention I hope the gallery sell the others and want more, also I need to do some to sell in my other little venture 8)

Pete, one day you're going to be found laying at the bottom of your garden with lots of pens sticking out of your back from all the pen people you keep upsetting :lol: :lol: :lol: but yes its nice to do something bigger again :D

Chas, The simple form seems to suit these interesting bits of wood,the timber just speaks for itself :)
The bit that attacked me had more colour than this bit :roll:
cheers JT
Good that your back JT, the good ones always get away. REgards Boysie

Very nice JT lovely wood, you could turn a pen to go in the hole then you have the best of both worlds :D :D :roll: :roll: .
Hope the sells go well.

Back