Axminster Precision Rules

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to remembering to take a photo of it.

Annoyingly, it's looks a littelle better in the picture. But I think you can agree, far less readable than the cheapy on the left.

20181115_190126.jpg

Attachments

• 20181115_190126.jpg
    20181115_190126.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 95
Oh yes I hate that kind of marking, nice clear black on a stain finish is best!

Another thing that annoys me, 1/2mm markings, waste of time and make it much harder to read.

transatlantic":1rixe5gv said:

Annoyingly, it's looks a littelle better in the picture. But I think you can agree, far less readable than the cheapy on the left.

View attachment 20181115
I don't think the colour is the only issue with it. The width of the markings is just two wide and slightly wooly around the edges.

Axminster are excellent with returns.

Send back and get 300mm and 150mm Shinwas with the sliding stoppers. They are great

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Bodgers":67nedygh said:
transatlantic":67nedygh said:

View attachment 20181115
I don't think the colour is the only issue with it. The width of the markings is just two wide and slightly wooly around the edges.

Axminster are excellent with returns.

Send back and get 300mm and 150mm Shinwas with the sliding stoppers. They are great

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

I will do at some point. Might order quite a few things from www.fine-tools.com

I have the 150mm Shinwa pick up ruler and it is my absolute favourite. No imperial just 1mm marking on both sides, it's awesome on the lathe.

I've always used the Fischer rules which are excellent and very easy to read. I have only ever bought one each of the 300 and 600mm ones but countless 150's as they seem to have a knack of going awol. Fischer don't seem to do a 1000mm version but I have the one from Dictum which is similarly excellent.

Jim

yetloh":t3o6y161 said:
I've always used the Fischer rules which are excellent and very easy to read. I have only ever bought one each of the 300 and 600mm ones but countless 150's as they seem to have a knack of going awol. Fischer don't seem to do a 1000mm version but I have the one from Dictum which is similarly excellent.

Jim
Couldn’t agree more Jim especially with the 6” rules :) BTW Peter stocks a 1000mm fisher rule
https://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/produ ... les-1000mm

Latest posts

Back