Axminster 14-16 lathe dimensions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grahamshed

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Could someone who has one of these lathes tell me the measurement from the bench top to the centre of the spindle ?

I am thinking of getting one for shows etc and need to know how tall a mobile stand to make.

Grahamshed":e6ey3olu said:
Could you be a little more precise please woodpig ?
:)
many thanks

No, not really. My steel rule only goes down to 1/2mm's :lol:

Pretty sure it's somewhere between 355.4 to 355.6 though ....

Grahamshed":280bgo4d said:
I am thinking of getting one for shows etc.

They are very popular for that.

I also looked at a similar sized Jet lathe but it was about 10kg heavier and I don't think I could have lifted it!

woodpig":3cs4v88j said:
Grahamshed":3cs4v88j said:
I am thinking of getting one for shows etc.

They are very popular for that.

I also looked at a similar sized Jet lathe but it was about 10kg heavier and I don't think I could have lifted it!

Yes, I also looked at the jet 12-21 but the extra weight would have been risky. I also prefer the 1 inch tool rest stem. The only bit that bothers me a little is how they put 550w in and get 750watts out ?

I would have seriously considered the Jet 10-15VS which several people I know like but it has been discontinued apparently.

Paul Hannaby":at73c6iw said:
Graham, Can you tell us the measurement from the ground to your elbow - while in your working shoes, not the heels! :wink:

hi Paul. I have always felt a bit reluctant to turn in the high heels, they are a bit slippery in the shavings. :)

I have my Jet 3520 set up to elbow height but am getting backache after a while so I am thinking to make this one an inch or so higher and see if that stops it. If it does I will alter the 3520 as well.

Grahamshed":3m9md2u9 said:
The only bit that bothers me a little is how they put 550w in and get 750watts out ?

I don't know much about electrickery but I'm given to understand that the three phase motor and inverter setup on the 1416VS is very good.
It certainly works well, very smooth and quiet.

Latest posts

Back