Anyone managed to reduce blood pressure naturally ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again for all the wise words and personal experience, made a start.

Day 1.
Only 3 normal sized coffee's so far, will have another with my Tea (I'm Northern, dinner is lunch).
Checked / Read the bag of crisps and it said 0.33g Salt per pack. Yes please yum yum. Thank you Aldi
Read the Medium sliced wholemeal bread 0.34g per slice. Yes please thank you Aldi. Added beef but didn't butter, bit dry but not horrendous, washed down with lashings of tap water.

Walked the dogs for the normnal duration but picked up the pace.

Walked to Argos, normal pace and bought the Omron M2, its on offer so same price as Amazon as per the link on previous page £22.49 and it included batteries, think Amazon doesn't. Also bought some Apples and celery for snacking purposes.

Tried the omron once so far 111/88 and heart rate of 83 so only 1 figure is bad Diastolic on those figures it indicates pre-hypertension, take action.

Weighed myself and worked out my BMI = 25.1 so dipping my toe into overweight territory but I was fully clothed.

So thats the plan, walk faster with the dogs, replace all snacking with fruit (well one treat a day must be allowed) , reduce the coffee and keep monitoring the bp every day and see what happens.

Thanks again, fingers crossed.

I was going to suggest you bought the Omron which records your readings which you can print out using a computer. Take readings say four times a day over at least a week.
That way the doc can see your record.
I was on Tablets for hypertension, had a major op, lost a lot of weight and my BP has been fine for the last 2yrs.
For other reasons I generally drink decaffeinated teas and coffees - they taste just fine.

Rod

beech1948":2tgs26l7 said:
Idea to help that helped me.

1) Cut out caffeine...all of it
2) Lose a bit of weight and add in some more intense exercise than dog walking maybe a bit of cycling say 10 miles per day or 1 hour if you can spare the time
3) Remove stress from your life. Try to identify areas of stress and one by one eliminate them
4) Cut out salt and look at how much processed foods your are eating because of the hidden sugar and salt they contain. Try buying foods with LESS than 7% sugar per 100g of food and set a low limit on the salt contents. Replace processed foods with home cooked from raw ingredients.

You may do some of these already I know but all of them can help.

+1

Brian

My friends GP couldn't believe how much his blood pressure had dropped and all he started doing was drinking lots of organic beetroot juice ( on the suggestion of his wife that read about it)
I know runners swear by it as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any action is better than no action. After all a heart attack is very effective at reducing blood pressure. Often permanently to zero.

Thanks again all, the beetroot juice sounds interesting, will see what happens this first week and go from there.

Normal Blood Pressure
Systolic: Less than 120
Diastolic: Less than 80

Prehypertension
Blood Pressure
Systolic: From 120 to 139
Diastolic: From 80 to 89

High Blood Pressure
(Hypertension) Stage 1
Systolic: From 140 to 159
Diastolic: From 90 to 99

This mornings readings aren't that bad, taken just after getting out of bed.
102/83 with pulse 63

Yesterday evenings were a different story
4pm 111/88 p 83 6:15 = 120/98 p 72 9:30pm = 117/95 p 78

Maybe its yoga I need ?

Reduce salt, sugar, caffein, dairy and get plenty of exercise. I started spinning classes when I approached 50 and really got into it and now I am now a spin instructor teaching a minimum of 5 spin classes per week. Spin is a high intensity cardio workout and in conjunction with your careful eating you should be able to bring the BP down. Good luck

Blood pressure does naturally rise with age, so if you are over 50, there is a certain leeway with the 120/80 that is regarded as normal. 130/90 is deemed acceptable in some quarters. I've done a lot of reading up on the subject and there is some that suggest 120/80 needs updating to account for age ranges. Taking your BP at 4pm may not be the best idea Mr P, dependent on what you were doing at the time. I do mine when i get up before i do anything else and again at 8pm when i have sat and relaxed for a while. It will fluctuate during the day.

Back