Anyone have a 3d printer? USB LED light mount idea

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent_zed

Established Member
Reaction score
Got a Beanie with integral LED light for christmas and in my usual way I got to thinking how else the light unit, which is detachable, could be used.

It's a really nice, bright usb rechargeable unit and I got to thinking perhaps it could be used in multiple different ways. If you could 3d print a holder you could do different mounts. For example if you did a gopro fitting it could then be used on any of the gopro mounts. Could be useful with a magnetic base, clip on, handlebars or even a headtorch mount instead of a hat (as it's not always cold enough to need one) etc. I did a quick google and couldnt see any pre-exisiting mounts except for the hat. but I might have missed it.

These are the light units Portwest B030 Replacement Beanie Head Light - Workwear.co.uk you can see the hats at the bottom of the page.

Not sure if the 3d plastic is flexible enough to push the light into?

Just a thought if anyone was bored and was looking for something to do.

Depends, I think one can use pretty soft rubber materials with resin 3d printing, but fdm (with filament) usually is incapable of printing really soft materials.
But if the light has some things to hang on to, one could design something with snap fingers to mount.

You can exteude flexible filament no problem. It's called TPU.

Also regular old PLA can flex depending on the model and the settings so if the design is right it could snap in easily enough to still be secure.

Back