Anyone got experience of insulated roof panels?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is very impressive, but it has a fair bit of support. I was astonished at the 9m span without any supporting framework.
They do have internal support inbuilt- you just can't see it...
That's why the insulated roof panels are so 'thick' for the longer lengths compared to the shorter ones like mums 6m or my 7m ones- all their internal framework is hidden in the insulation...

The mob that made mums actually has an 'arch' inside them for their longer spans, with a bottom tie between the ends holding them together, before the entire thing is covered with the bottom 'interior roof sheet' and filled with expanding foam- (I'll see if she still has all the paperwork as it had some diagrams of how they were constructed internally)

Mines pitched and well braces because of where we live.

1695898202892.jpeg

1695898244441.jpeg

I posted on here about rebuilding a shed asking about roofing options and someone suggested structural insulated panels. They look great. I was wondering what experience people had with them and where was best to buy from?

In particular what is the maximum span that is safe? The specifications say no more than 2.5m. Is that a hard and fast rule, or would people be happy increasing that for a shed / workshop? I have a 3m span and life would be a lot easier if I didn't need purlins!

Thanks.
I used them for my workshop at home, approx 5m span, went with from memory 180mm thick panels. If I ever build another would definitely use again and would most likely make the whole thing from them. I will try and dig out where I sourced them from, sure it was a guy on eBay that buys up slight seconds, over orders etc

Back