Anyone for IRC?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr

Established Member
Reaction score
Its 1.30 am and theres 8 of us sad souls sat here staring at forum postings. Ive got questions to ask - like "anyone going to Yandles tomorrow" etc .
Was wondering whether there was any interest in an irc channel somewhere that us sad souls could chat in real time on.

Mike

There used to be a chatroom on the site where many of us were previously over at MSN. It had a tendency to get a bit silly at times, though.......

The worrying thing was the amount that houtslager used to imbibe

Scrit

Heh heh; I'd forgotten that. Might have accounted for quite a lot thinking about it... :-k :D I've got some of the transcripts somewhere I think - waste of time though, 'cos it seldom made sense at the time never mind later. :lol:

So no one convinced by these fond memories then? Ah well I'll get back in me box
Cheers Mike. :p :)

Is there anyone home? I don't type fast (well, I don't think fast either.) but I'd be up for trying to join in a chat if someone was interested.

IIRC, the last time the subject of a chat room came up there was some worry that if it was seen as officially linked to the site then the mods would be obliged to have to moderate it (I seem to recall it was during a bout of particularly negative press about them. Chat rooms, not mods. Although... :wink:). Unfortunately it's something that has to be considered 'cos there's always eventually some blighter who'll not play ball. :( Sorry to sound a bit negative - I'm not really, but such a situation was the first nail in UKWW's coffin so I'm a bit leary.

Cheers, Alf

no.no,no,no,no,no,no,no.................................... :?

on behalf of the silent majority?

Seriously though, if you are genuinely, tragically lonely, my heart goes out to you and then I for one would make an effort just to make you feel better - (but not at 1.30 am).

(I have experienced terrible loneliness at a time in my life - but am a fairly happy bunny these days now).

Ike

ike":w2semxmp said:
no.no,no,no,no,no,no,no.................................... :?
Now is that a Vicar of Dibley no, or......... :wink:

Latest posts

Back