Any bike race fans out there?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Orm

Established Member
Reaction score
Season is off to a great start. The BSB is looking good and the MGP is looking like the best season ever!

Thruxton this weekend for the BSB circus. Watch out for my mate Howie Mainwaring in the superbikes. He's ridden in the superstocks to date apart from a foray into the superbike cup. He usually flies at Thruxton. He's riding for a brand new team and managed a 15th and 16th last week at Brands. He's on row 5 on the grid but never qualifies well and usually climbs through the field. (Probably cursed him now).

It's on Eurosport as well as World Superbikes from Aragon Spain, where Brit Tom Sykes has taken pole with broken ribs.....proper sportsmen, how long would a footballer be out with broken ribs?....oh and he broke a bone in his lower leg 6 weeks ago too.

MickCheese":1va4z34w said:
Valentino Rossi I my hero!

But watch out for the Hondas. Cal Crutchlow is a real star just wait until he get a full factory bike.

Mick

I have followed GP and now MotoGP since the early 80's and not been so excited about a year since Schwantz was racing. Love seeing Cal mixing it with the aliens but not sure he is quite there yet. Needs that incisive instinct that Vale, Lorenzo and to a lesser degree Pedrosa have. I think he got a wake up call when Vale closed him down and passed him, Pedrosa and Marquez just like the old days. I appreciate he was on a factory bike but the Tech3 Yamaha is clearly a fast machine through the corners judging by Cal's practice and qualy. He needs to lift himself to the next level if he can, a win might do it but wins are going to be very hard won this year.

Honda seem very fast (again) in a straight line so Austin will be interesting. My money is on Lorenzo again but my heart wants to see Vale do it again.

andycktm":2u6keeym said:
go on then graham,
bsb R1 lowes
bsb r2 shakey

wsb r1 Laverty
wsb r2 guintoli
wss lowes

BSB R1 Shakey
BSB R2 Jacobsen !!!!!!!!!
BSS McConnell

WSB R1 Sykes
WSB R2 Davies :wink:

WSS Lowes

My claim to fame.

I was at a track day at Snetterton at the end of last year. I thought I was going well when I was passed on one side by Crutchlow, on the other I was passed by Scott Redding and they were followed by Jamie Witham. They were just so fast. :oops:

I now know why I ride for fun and don't race. :D

Mick

cutting42":3fb5mf65 said:
MickCheese":3fb5mf65 said:
Valentino Rossi I my hero!

But watch out for the Hondas. Cal Crutchlow is a real star just wait until he get a full factory bike.

Mick

I have followed GP and now MotoGP since the early 80's and not been so excited about a year since Schwantz was racing. Love seeing Cal mixing it with the aliens but not sure he is quite there yet. Needs that incisive instinct that Vale, Lorenzo and to a lesser degree Pedrosa have. I think he got a wake up call when Vale closed him down and passed him, Pedrosa and Marquez just like the old days. I appreciate he was on a factory bike but the Tech3 Yamaha is clearly a fast machine through the corners judging by Cal's practice and qualy. He needs to lift himself to the next level if he can, a win might do it but wins are going to be very hard won this year.

Honda seem very fast (again) in a straight line so Austin will be interesting. My money is on Lorenzo again but my heart wants to see Vale do it again.

It looks like Lorenzo will dominate. Danny must have gone home and got bladdered I reckon. He must have been destroyed after Marquez passed him. New riders seem to shine at the start of the season then lose pace somehow, so we'll see how Marquez continues. Toseland did it and so did Spies in their first year. It would be nice to see Cal fighting for the win, but with the competition that's there now I think he will be forever the bridesmaid. It will be nice to see Vale battling with Lorenzo for the lead at some point.........What if Stoner were still in the mix?!!!!!!

If you've not seen it before, try to watch the BSB supersport race. It was great racing all last year and has picked up where it left off.

My mate runs a 250 KTM MX with a 300 conversion. He's having problems with a vacuum above the slide causing the throttle to open on its own and stick! Dislocated shoulder last week. Any ideas?

Seen and had a few throttles stick on 2strokes.
Always turned out to be grit in the carb float bowl,causing the needle to jam.

He says not...well experienced. Says its only started since putting the 300 kit on. It opens on its own.

Latest posts

Back