another from Argyll's one armed turner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctb

Established Member
Reaction score
beech.jpg

An impressive price,and nice piece;inlay detail is nice,without being "too much" - what sort of outlet was it? (Guessing it was somewhere art-related)

Andrew

Hi Andrew

Many thanks for the positive comments, believe it or not it was at a farmers market, I live on the west coast of Scotland, there are many sea lochs, these attract sailers and their boats, the village that holds the market was right on a sea loch, that coincidently has a marina and chandlers, so it was a wee bit lucky that a boat owner turned up and took a liking to it.

Chris

Paul.J":1g39d57g said:
Chris.That is one nice bowl :D
Can i ask how you got that figure though,the price that is :lol:
Paul.J.

Paul, thanks for comments,

Price, that's the hardest part, turning is easy, I have had the oppertunity to listen to the buying publics opinions on my work, previously I have priced to sell, just covering the cost of the timber, but more recently I have priced it higher, but still had comments about the price being very reasonable, so I stuck it up again, and this was the most expensive bowl I have ever sold, it's really just a suck it and see learning curve, it also depends on the market available to you also, I am fortunate enough to have the tourist trade as well as locals.

If you would like me to hazard as guess as to what a piece of your work will sell for I would be only to willing.

Chris

ctb wrote
If you would like me to hazard as guess as to what a piece of your work will sell for I would be only to willing.
Thanks for the offer Chris,but i don't think my work is upto selling standards yet.
But if you like you can have a go at my Critique item on another post
here

Paul.J.

Back