And the 'most surreal news item' prize is awarded to...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shady

Established Member
Reaction score
Just saw this in today's telegraph - you know those brutal stars of the hard man's game, New Zealand's All Black rugby players?

well:

The New Zealand Rugby Union have cleared former All Blacks captain Tana Umaga after he was involved in a nightclub scuffle following Saturday's Super 14 final.

It was alleged that the Wellington Hurricanes centre used a handbag to hit team-mate Chris Masoe in an effort to break up a scuffle between the player and another guest in a Christchurch nightclub.

Masoe has been fined about £1,500 for his part in the incident, but officials said they accepted Umaga's word that he was trying to defuse the situation, and that he had no case to answer.

Umaga said it was a regrettable incident and that a mobile phone which was broken inside the handbag had been replaced. Witnesses said Masoe had burst into tears when he was hit over the head.

Handbags and tears???? I'm wishing I knew some New Zealanders I could rib about this :wink:

Shady":k62rtrkm said:
...snip...Handbags and tears???? ...snip...

You should have been down-town Leicester last Saturday... handbags.. hankies...tears.. :(

And the women were nearly as bad :!:

The Sky certainly cast a cloud over the town for a few hours.

It was an interesting match though, and Sale deserved their win... Did you catch the Barbarians game? At last, England begin to have some appearance of danger in the backs. Still young and lots of work, but a potentially dangerous team begins to lurk on the horizon. This tour in Oz will be a learning experience, and no mistake...

Shady":303jvz44 said:
It was an interesting match though, and Sale deserved their win... ...
I agree Sale controlled from the off, not something I could voice too openly sat in the surroundings I found myself. I have no particular loyalty to any team, just like to watch a good game.

Shady":303jvz44 said:
Did you catch the Barbarians game? At last, England begin to have some appearance of danger in the backs. Still young and lots of work, but a potentially dangerous team begins to lurk on the horizon. This tour in Oz will be a learning experience, and no mistake...

Unfortunately not, but I'm all for new blood, and hope they are not hampered by old ideas and play theories, too often I see talent wasted whilst someone tries to mould a player to match, or a team to follow a preconceived pet gameplan.

If they can gel as a team with a desire to get the job done and react to the on-field threat of the day then all the theories in the world can go.....

CHJ":1orsvy5s said:
Shady":1orsvy5s said:
...snip...Handbags and tears???? ...snip...

You should have been down-town Leicester last Saturday... handbags.. hankies...tears.. :(

And the women were nearly as bad :!:

The Sky certainly cast a cloud over the town for a few hours.

The clouds around Twickenham were none too nice - Tigers lost and then we all got soaked on the way to the train station :cry: :cry: :cry:

Back