ALMS/American le Mans Series !! Any Fans Around ????????????

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeb

Established Member
Reaction score
first round of the ALMS is on at 2pm 21march 2009 on moters tv
12 hour endurance race!

i hope i can convince some of you nice people to come along and watch it on Motors tv :413(sky)and 545 (virgin)
Also live stream so u can watch on ur pc !!!!!!!!!
Edit//// here is the link then click on the tab for live streaming
http://www.speedtv.com/programs/american-le-mans-series-on-board-pass/
Edit

i might start a thread when it on if anyone ealse is watching as i like to have proper split times 8) so the pc will be on

program starts at 2pm race start at 3pm and will go onto around 2-3 am Sunday morning.
set up is similar to 24hr Le mans race 4 classes of cars all racing at the same time, I advice u come and watch it at night as the racing is very fun to watch although can be hard to tell which car is which

look out for the Aston martin team and Allen McNish up front in the 1 of the 2 Audi's i hope

personally I think its much better than F1 as there is always a fight going on some where

so I hope u will sit back and watch at least some of the race and I believe u will enjoy it very much !!

edit// any question about it please ask oh and there lots of vids on utube

umm read through alright to me but i re write it anyway

first round of the ALMS is on at 2pm 21march 2009 on moters tv
12 hour endurance race!

i hope i can convince some of you nice people to come along and watch it on Motors tv :413(sky)and 545 (virgin)

program starts at 2pm race start at 3pm and will go onto around 2-3 am Sunday morning.
set up is similar to 24hr Le mans race 4 classes of cars all racing at the same time, I advice u come and watch it at night as the racing is very fun to watch although can be hard to tell which car is which

look out for the Aston martin team and Allen McNish up front in the 1 of the 2 Audi's i hope

personally I think its much better than F1 as there is always a fight going on some where

so I hope u will sit back and watch at least some of the race and I believe u will enjoy it very much !!

hope this helps!!

Zeb - much better :D I think Paul Chapman's a big Le Mans fan so I expect he'll watch a bit of it - Rob

cool cool i think i will switch the first post for my secound post, after all of that hope ur watch a little bit of it :wink:

Does everyone else develop a mindseye image of fellow forum posters?

My image of Zeb is a middle aged Oxbridge professor of English :wink:

woodbloke":2wm2bjob said:
I think Paul Chapman's a big Le Mans fan so I expect he'll watch a bit of it

But no Sky or Virgin :( I watch the genuine Le Mans on the internet and listen in to Radio Le Mans, also on the net.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

lol point taken, have have been lerking around for long time by the way, oh im 17

Paul i was looking at speed tv who have the race and found they will be streaming it live, dont know what ur net connection is like but i have a cap on mine so ill watch on the big screen :lol: thourght u might like to know

here is the link then click on the tab for live streaming
http://www.speedtv.com/programs/american-le-mans-series-on-board-pass/

i might start a thread when it on if anyone ealse is watching as i like to have proper split times 8) so the pc will be on

paul may i ask which team and driver u suport??
and now worries,
and for that mater what about evryone ealse ?

zeb":ec7ifw4c said:
paul may i ask which team and driver u suport??

None in particular. But there are many I admire because they have brought a lot to the sport over the years. The cars entered by Henri Pescarolo are always worth watching - they give the big trade teams a good run for their money. Derek Bell was a cracking driver who won Le Mans so many times.

I was at Le Mans when the McLaren F1 dominated the race. That was great - so many people thought they would never last the distance but they thrashed everyone.

I always enjoyed watching the Frenchman Eric Helary. One year it rained all through the night and he was lapping a second a lap faster than anyone else and went on to win - a great driver.

A lot of the Formula One drivers who have not shone particlularly at F1 have gone on to do very well at Le Mans so its always worth watching any of those.

Of course there were the good old days of Fangio and Moss and John Bolster in the pits but, unlike me, you're too young to remember that :lol:

What's in no doubt is that every year it's a great race which makes FI look a bit pathetic.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

i agree F1 allways looked a bit :roll: after i watched the first ALMS race, F1 pathetic attempt at night racing, that was well entertaining for me

i agree on the F1 drivers Allen mcnish ex F1 (my fav driver :oops: )started a race 2 laps behind his team mate and the pug and his car still one thou a lot was up to him, long story will pm u if intrested :wink:

i only got into le mans and ALMS end of 07 so got 1 lemas 24hr and a season of ALMS so im a noob :lol: seen a gd few vid on youtube of the pre 70's races and think they have killes F1 and the like at least there still some racing in the le mans :D there a brillent one of a tour of the race track at le mans with a driver saying that he is reaching 240mph and it's from 1967 :eek: :eek:

im a fan of the Audi team :lol: and the flying lizards 991 in gt2 thou i cant rember if they do 24hr

only wish i could see more of the race my dad works stupid hours (milkman) so will miss from 5-10pm :( but that life

Back