Advice on Axminster IEC 34-1

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartecosse

Established Member
Reaction score
Have been trawling through this forum and reviews online for bandsaws - prefer to have older better made kit than shiny new junk

Lost out on a couple of bandsaws on in the last day or so, a record power and an elektra beckum....

I've seen a Axminster IEC 34-1 advertised but cannot seem to find any reviews on it, I guess as its quite old.

Does anyone have one of these or has had one in the past, worthwhile? I'm looking to spend £150 or less if possible but a maximum of £200 for something a bit better.

Thanks

Hello and welcome. I rather think you have mistaken the motorplate for a model number as IEC 34-1 is A MOTOR COMPLIANCE.
At a guess, you are looking at something around 20 odd years old badged Axminster, or APTC, that they imported and
sold, many years ago, frequently a blue-ish grey, like this,___ http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Axminster-ban ... 2a4f6f60a4
Many of the plastic "stickers" came unstuck so you may need to do some detective work.
Forgetting that one, I would suggest you get something by Record or similar that is easier in the spares and blade range.
HTH Regards Rodders

Thats just what it looks like and being given the incorrect name would explain why I couldn't find any details on it..................thanks for clearing that up.

I'll stick with trying to find a Record Power one.

Thanks for the help...

I'm guessing this was the one you were looking at,--http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171756407921?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Look at what Axminster have or record they seem to be better on aftersales service judging by members previous comments, and you may notice that tuffsaw blades are well regarded here, A very good addition!
Regards Rodders

Back