A question for computer wizards

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I've lost BBC TV and radio. Any ideas? I normally get it through the link to I Player which I have on the task bar, but for a couple of days it will go right up to when the programme should be playing or in the case of radio right up to the point the channel should load. At first I got in successfully via a different link, but yesterday that did exactly the same. The problem is mine, apparently. Win10 + Google Chrome.
Phil.

Perhaps you need to update your verison of flash player? .. although I would have thought it would have told you if that was the case.

Have you tried through Internet Explorer?

I'd use a different browser such as mozilla firefox.
If that doesn't work then throw the computer out the window and set fire to it while chanting to the computer gods :twisted:

Sounds like your flash player is feeling shy. In Chrome, head to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html then hit the check now button. It should tell you if you're up-to-date or not. Some times Chrome will update Flash but it gets a bitty stuck and doesn't finish updating until all instances of Chrome have been closed down (some run hidden away). A reboot should fix that though.

Other than that, wot Adam says ;)

try turning your add blocker off when you get to the site ive had the same problem i set my add blocker to allow on the site and it worked fine

Yes!! works OK through I.E. I tried to get somewhere with Flash, but Chrome won't go to the address it gives me.
I'll wait for Swmbo this evening. Thanks so far - I didn't think to try the obvious. That's my problem - it's a computer. F.A. is obvious to me. :D

You'd be amazed the problems anti-virus software can cause.
Its even worse when people install multiple anti-virus software without uninstalling the other ones.
It can take forever to remove and sometimes its easier to use the out the window method described above.

Weirder and weirder. With Adblock off it'll allow me BBC TV ... but not BBC radio. I can't get catch up ITV at all now with Adblock paused or set not to apply to that site. (It won't play with it on, normally.) Everything's fine through I.E. (I just don't like I.E. :) )
Very much a first world problem that I'll have to live with, although I'm tempted to reinstall Adblock to see if it makes any difference.

Latest posts

Back