A nice little commission

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodrighy

Established Member
Reaction score
I make quite a few drop spindles for yarn crafters. This one was commissioned and is a Tibetan style lightweight (24 grams) for spinning very fine yarns. The customer wants it for alpaca and camel wool. The whorl and support bowl are walnut and the shaft is oak.

And just for Chas just to show I do still do 'rustic'. This was a piece of wood I turned for fun, Someone will like it LOL. It is 7" tall and diameter and is of an unknown spalted wood. The wood was so soft that the spigot broke twice in the turning. It is hollowed to about 10mm, any thinner and it wood have fallen apart I think. This one has everything, natural voids, worm holes, bark etc LOL.

Pete

Attachments

• walnut tibetan spindle and bowl.jpg
    walnut tibetan spindle and bowl.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 734
  • DSCF2757.JPG
    DSCF2757.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 734
Ahh , Pete, your just an auld show off :lol: :lol: We all know you are a real Bobbin and Rustic turner
What does Chas know . Great work as usuall . =D>

I love spalted unknown wood. And when the first spigot breaks you can be sure you are eventually going to get something special, even if it is 20 broken spigots.

Nice work.

Regards

Steve

Latest posts

Back