Spiers & Mathieson Stanley types on ebay (finished).

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. I've seen pictures of Preston, Nooitgedagt, and Spear & Jackson Bailey type planes too. I wonder if they produced their own, or had them made by someone else?

Cheers, Vann.

Vann":2gk2h5xa said:
Interesting. I've seen pictures of Preston, Nooitgedagt, and Spear & Jackson Bailey type planes too. I wonder if they produced their own, or had them made by someone else?

Cheers, Vann.

I think S&J were made by Qualcast.

BugBear

bugbear":tlyxk8p6 said:
Vann":tlyxk8p6 said:

Cheers, Vann.

BugBear

:lol: I wouldn't want to mow my lawn with one though :lol:

Preston No.1014 Bailey style plane:
Preston 1014b.jpg
Preston 1014c.jpg

Cheers, Vann.

Attachments

• Preston 1014b.jpg
    Preston 1014b.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 895
  • Preston 1014c.jpg
    Preston 1014c.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 895
Spear & Jackson No.4 Bailey style plane
Spear & jackson No.4.jpg
Spear & Jackson No.4a.jpg

Cheers, Vann.

Attachments

• Spear & jackson No.4.jpg
    Spear & jackson No.4.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 893
  • Spear & Jackson No.4a.jpg
    Spear & Jackson No.4a.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 893
Nooitgedagt No.3 Bailey style plane:
JNY #3 plane1.jpg

Nooitgedagt No.4 Bailey style plane:
JNY #4 plane2.jpg

Nooitgedagt No.5 Bailey style plane:
JNY No.5a.jpg
JNY No.5b.jpg

Nooitgedagt was a Dutch manufacturer of wooden planes (and ice skates) that was bought out by Record.

Cheers, Vann

Attachments

• JNY #3 plane1.jpg
    JNY #3 plane1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 885
  • JNY #4 plane2.jpg
    JNY #4 plane2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 885
  • JNY No.5a.jpg
    JNY No.5a.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 885
  • JNY No.5b.jpg
    JNY No.5b.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 885
Vann":1v60lty7 said:
Nooitgedagt No.3 Bailey style plane:

Nooitgedagt No.4 Bailey style plane:

Nooitgedagt No.5 Bailey style plane:

Nooitgedagt was a Dutch manufacturer of wooden planes (and ice skates) that was bought out by Record.

Cheers, Vann

OK I'm confused I bought a Nooitwotsit plane blade with capiron and it didn't fit my #4; I thought it might be a woodie as the circular hole bit is at the top like yours and most woodies, yet the ones above look the same as mine - as far as I can see - could you possible show some closeups if the blade and capiron and how they fit in the plane plz?

Maybe it needs adjusting or the lever cap has a different back on it or something to accommodate things.... I posted pics of mine in the for sale section if you need to see mine.

rafezetter":gikwf0dx said:
- could you possible show some closeups if the blade and capiron and how they fit in the plane plz?
'Fraid not. I don't own those planes. I half-inched those photos from the interwebby thing back in 2009/10. Sorry.

Cheers, Vann.

bugbear":316dokkd said:

BugBear

The frog arrangement on the Spear and Jackson is similar, although not identical, to my old Acorn no5... couldn't find a piccy of mine, so in the ongoing spirit of nicking pictures, I ripped one from a post by Vann in 2011...

Back