Metal supplier in Somerset.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heath Robinson

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know of a good value metal supplier in Somerset? I need some 3mm wall box, 25mmx25mm and 50mmx25mm, about 18m of both.
Then I get to play with my new Inverter Fusion 180MA :D made in Devon, and class-leading duty-cycle, and an amazing reputation... Can't recommend them enough!
Thanks,
Jake

You don't say where you are in Somerset, but Avery Knight and Bowler in James St Bath are well stocked with all manner of metal goodies (and more besides). And it's nice to find somewhere in Bath that doesn't sell clothes or coffee!

Sorry, didn't think to say, i'm in the Yeovil/Sherborne area, and I work in chard. Anywhere that delivers for a reasonable fee would be good, although obviously if it were close enough to pick up it'd be better.

Still talking to them. Slightly changed my ideas, I need an additional amount of heavy channel and about 6 feet of heavy chassis plate about 10" to 12" wide... I'm discussing getting the stuff cut at the same time. I need to reinforce the buttocks-end of a 12 tonne army truck to tack a hi-ab, and make a few other bits to go on it at the same time.I really need to finalise my cutting list before I can get a final quote.
I was also hampered by a certain amount of over-excitement in the turning-a-container-into-a-metal-workshop department. So now I'm all set up, with nothing to weld. Poor forward planning on my part, but I never was any good at admin.

Ah yes, Phil, you must have had the main man there then.

The guy who runs Cahill Welding, i believe is the brother of the one that runs Pulham Steels, brothers that dont get on i believe- hence Cahill branching out into stockholding too nowadays!

Back