Stone polisher

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Having seen a couple of items made by forum members on another site using stones to embellish their pieces when a stone polisher came up of free cycle I jumped at the chance. I was thinking of using a grinder to cut to shape then put them in the polisher. Does this seem feasible.
This is the little beast I id have to strip the two rollers down and clean them and everything now works it also came with enough abrasive to do at least 20 to 30 loads as well as instructions.

DSCF8881 (800x600).jpg

Attachments

• DSCF8881 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF8881 (800x600).jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 731
Using stones to embolism their pieces???????

Obviously you can't polish internal angles with a tumbler and you'll probably find it doesn't polish any totally flat surfaces well and it'll knock the corners off everything, but give it a go. Nothing to lose. You get stainless steel shot to use in them for polishing metal - http://www.cooksongold.com/Jewellery-To ... e-998-003B - it ain't cheap, though. :shock:

I thought that you were taking up metal detecting when I saw that barreling machine Derek, I look forward to seeing what you make with it mate. Les

Back