Ash H/F For critique.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George Foweraker

Established Member
Reaction score
This piece is 270mm x 180mm Gritblasted ebonized grain filled with liming wax,lacquered and finished with Renaissance wax.

DSC01388.jpg

I'm not a turner yet, but have been checking out the pictures in this section for a little while and this one really grabs me :)

I can't offer any useful comment on finish quality etc but visually it is very appealing - and I don't even usually like coloured work :D

I do like this one George, but it's not my favourite. I'm normally a fan of ebonised, maybe it's the grain. I think it might have looked better with Oak.

This is my favourite so far of your work George. Love the simple form and the way you have brought the grain out with the liming/ Really lovely IMHO

Pete

Wonderful George, I am also in the opinion of you best yet.

WWI are missing out today....

Very Smooth George, great contrast between the fine surface finish and the limed highlites.

Hi George,

That is a very interesting piece. Apart from the technique which appears spot on there is something about the form that seems "right". I like it lots :D :D :D :D

Regards, Mike C

HI George

Like the form and colour but not keen on the collar, not sure why but it just looks odd to me.

john

George Foweraker":1kudndxb said:
Hello John.
I was going to put a lid on this one then i thought the collar flowed nicely with the form so i kept it as it is.
Thank you for commenting.

Regards George

Glad you didn't, I think a lid would be one step too far. Make it look like a ginger jar instead of a beautiful hollow form IMHO

pete

Another cracker for me George :D
Great shape and great colours.
I just think the collar could be a little bit smaller and finished in the same silvery colour as the grain.

Latest posts

Back