A couple of boxes i finished today...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikNak

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's a few pics of a couple of boxes that i've just completed.....

The first is a Goncalo Alves box that's been in the making for around three weeks now, just not had time to finish it.....

IMG_3936.jpg

'her indoors' says it looks like tortoise shell....

IMG_3938.jpg

And the second is one i made this afternoon, a small ring box. It's the first of several items i've been asked to make by one of my sisters friends....

IMG_3939.jpg

IMG_3941.jpg

Hope you like..? and as always comments welcomed.

Nick

Nick, a couple of fine lidded boxes, the first is my favorite, the fit of the lid is a little bit tapered, isn't it. The wood is beautiful !!
Good work.
Ad

Both looking good to me Nick. Agree with er indoors it does look very much like tortoise shell. Like them both but the first appeals to me a tad more.
Steve

Very nice indeed Nick! Like them both and I personally love G. Alves.

It looks like everyone has been very busy in here over the past few weeks. I've not been turning much recently due to flat stuff needed doing plus hols.

Glad to see you all having fun!

cheers
Steve

As others have said, two lovely boxes.

I particularly like the Goncalo Alves box, beautiful grain.

Cheers. Doug.

Ad.... i think the photos are up to my usual awful standard..... :oops: :cry: .... and do admit to what you're saying, it does look a bit wonky, but the lid fit is totally parallel and not tapering at all......

Thanks all for the comments.

Nick

Lovely couple of boxes Nik,but i'm not keen on the gold coloured thread used on the Beech.Think it would look better as you've made the first which is gorgeous :D

Latest posts

Back