Zero output

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazmaniandevil

Established Member
Reaction score
I did absolutely no turning at the weekend. I had to replace a CV joint on the car, so that was Friday taken care of. Saturday was just too nice, so relaxed in the sun with a few beers and played with the dog. Sunday, cut the grass, then sat in the sun with a few beers and played with the dog. Monday, seats & carpets out of the car, interior cleaned until sparkling, seats & carpets cleaned until like new, re-assembled, car washed, waxed, then sat in the sun with a few beers and played with the dog.

I think I will need to seriously get the finger out this coming weekend if I want to enter anything in the challenge. Both of my started efforts are rubbish so far, so we shall have to wait and see.

Pretty much. The garage in Renfrew who charged the previous owner nearly £200 to replace a torn boot managed to jam the snap-ring in the splines of the drive-shaft. The old CV joint had to be very carefully cut off bit by bit. This is the same cowboys who charged him £280 to "refurbish" the front brake calipers. By refurbish they meant change the dust seals and paint the rust.
After being up to my pits in grease, there was no way I was touching timber or turning tools.

This long weekend at least I managed to Set up the new lathe, turn a boiler, do some gardening, repot some plants, clean the shed again only to go in there and turn the egg for this months competition. And now the shed needs cleaning again, and of course I drank buckets of tea made by my other half

I used to be able to do all that in a weekend. It was about the same time that you could go to the flicks, have popcorn and get a taxi home and still have change from a sixpence.

Back