www.oil-club.co.uk

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone use this club? Sounds like a great idea, but I'm not sure about the idea of me handing over my card details and then them storing them (until the clubs goal amount is reached) and handing over to the oil supplier. I guess they can't do it any other way.

Ive heard of boiler juice which is similar, I dont know if they do the same thing regarding card details.

I do know that here in mid sussex there is a local oil club run informally by a few people and they have agreed terms with a local oil supplier. THe savings come from being able to deliver a whole tank of oil to one village and being able to do lots of drops as they are organised to be all close together.

porker":2rubnzer said:
I use them and Boiler Juice whichever is the cheaper. Oil invariably comes from the same company though. Never had a problem with them and all been OK.

I did see boiler juice, but it is my understanding that you won't know what the discount will be until sometime after you place the order (dpending on the group size), so how can you compare?

We have a local scheme to which you pay an annual charge of £25. After two years of doing this I cancelled it as I never made anywhere near that sort of saving by buying through the scheme.

+1 for Boiler Juice. Cheaper than buying it from the actual company that delivers it, ironically.

I did see boiler juice, but it is my understanding that you won't know what the discount will be until sometime after you place the order (depending on the group size), so how can you compare?

Boiler Juice give you a quote and what it can come down to if the order increases. I compare this with Oil-Club and often the price it is guaranteed at, is lower than oil-club (and occasionally not) so I pick which I think is best. Looking at my order history Boiler Juice have got most of my business but I have a 3000ltr tank so don't fill up that often. I got my last order in the Summer when the price was at rock bottom. I notice it has come up significantly since then.

Don't know if the balance between suppliers may be different depending where you are in the country. I know my Dad who lives in Devon pays more than I do by a few pence per litre.

Latest posts

Back