Wood show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blacklabradorman

Established Member
Reaction score
If anyone is close enough to Kempton Racecourse - just had an email saying that there is a woodworking show on next Friday to Sunday. 6th, 7th and 8th of November.

Free entry and free parking.

It's hosted by Record Power but there might be some other deals

http://www.recordpower.co.uk/redirector ... wnload.pdf

I don't mind coming to work but that 8 hour wait to go home is a killer!

Hiya, Thats actually the D&M tool show, at which Record traditionally have a big presence. more info on the D&M tools website or here:

http://www.thetoolshow.com/

A large number of suppliers, it makes for quite a good day out if you are not too far away. They do a number of lectures as well, Alan Holtham is on the Record stand for example. not sure there is that much for scrollers specifically, but as a general woodworking show its pretty good - particularly since its free!

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for clarifying. I was thinking of going. Although it's a tool show I'm hoping someone might be selling some timber. You'd hope so at a woodworking show wouldn't you?

I'm also a turner (sorry - I mean I create a lot of shavings and dust using a lathe. I can also make big chunks of wood very small or sometimes even disappear completely) so might be some useful demos... :)

Its a good show, but I don't think there will be timber for sale. There is a list of exhibitors on the website above. Not a turner myself, so I may have missed a stall with turning blanks when I last went though. I may well be going (need to speak to SWMBO first) as the dust extraction exhibit is something I wouldn't mind having a gander at.

Steve

It's really decent sheet materials for scrolling that I'm after. There don't seem to be many places that supply them. I've been through the list of suppliers so may have to take a drive sometime to the nearest one...

Sean

Blacklabradorman":37nb047g said:
It's really decent sheet materials for scrolling that I'm after. There don't seem to be many places that supply them.
That's the perennial problem for scrollers. It may be heresy to express such a thought on a woodworking forum, but I'm increasingly tempted to look for other materials which are more stable, easier to cut, and cheaper.

Enjoy your show - I hope you find something to excite you :) .

I've never seen any wood suppliers at Kempton in the four or five years I've been going. It's just tools and I can't think of much interest to someone who just scrolls to be honest.

That's a shame. I may give it a miss and save my money to get some materials. The problem with these shows is that there is always a bargain!! :oops:

So following on from that are Scrollers ever represented at any woodworking shows?
Sean

Back