wood identification

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xflyman

Reaction score
I recently obtained 4 folding chairs through freecycle. The previous owner stated that they needed some repairs and it turns out she got them from freecycle, paid £100 to have them stripped as they were painted red but this just highlighted their true condition. I managed to make 2 chairs out of the 4 although I had to make seat side rails as the originals were beyond repair. Whilst planing the wood I was surprised to see quite a few different species of wood, none of them pine which is about the only thing I can recognise with any degree of certainty. The chairs had an FSC plate attached, and on looking this up online I found out they were made from recycled wood of differing species, but they never used white wood as they couldn't vouch for it's origin. Anyway, here's a picture and if anyone can help identify them I would be delighted. I can tell you they are a delight to plane compared to pallet wood if that's any help.

Attachments

• IMG_20220904_105807.jpg
    IMG_20220904_105807.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back