Wood Glue.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigjsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Firstly, how do i search past posts incase I am asking questions that have already been asked... Am I just missing the search facility.. The on eabove this box seems to search the internet, not the forums...

So Im going to be buying kit to get started wood working.... What is the best wood glue to buy? I see Gorilla everywhere, is this best?

Thanks

Craig

502 and D4 found here

Excellent glue
free delivery, usually within 24 hours of order :)

Probably a bit of both.. my first project is going to be a pair or Ardinodack Chairs then i have few things to do inside

craigjsmith":2rttz5pr said:
Firstly, how do i search past posts incase I am asking questions that have already been asked... Am I just missing the search facility...

Craig

Search function is over on the right hand side in the User Tools panel.

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 18.15.16.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 18.15.16.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 18.15.16.png
    537.1 KB · Views: 207
for inside, and particularly on small projects like jewellery boxes, i use liquid hide glue (titebond). I like the open time of it, and the lack of issues with finishes that you can get with PVA. It is also reversible, should the need arise.

My preference is Titebond I for most things, but there are always good things said about D4 here. I have no experience of hide glue (ready-in-a-bottle or granules), so can offer no help there.
Might I suggest that if your first project is going to be an Adinrondack chair then no glue is needed as everything is screwed together?

Cheers,
Adam

Might I suggest that if your first project is going to be an Adinrondack chair then no glue is needed as everything is screwed together?

Quite right too Adam; New to woodwork myself and recently made some Adirondack chairs using Norm's drawings
and Norm's video

I enlarged the plans to one inch per square and glued to MDF templates; quite tedious but worth the effort

If only I had known that glue shows up when the timber is stained [Sikkens] (hammer) (hammer)

I used pocket holes on most of the joints plus the ten coach bolts

My next Adis will be as Adam says and very little or possibly no glue at all

Latest posts

Back