wizer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wizer":2adajej0 said:
Here's your update for today.

On the way home from Docs yesterday, Dad and I decided that there was no need to stop and pick up my prescription as my wife could get it later. 7pm last night we remember! Missus rushed out to find a late night chemist. After a frantic dash of all late night pharmacies within a resonable distance we dicover that pharmacies do not keep this stuff in stock. None of them could get it delivered til 5pm today. We decided it sensible to wait til the local one opened this morning to get it ordered.

So now I'm without pain killers and in complete agony. Sweating like pig, shakes the lot. :evil: Won't get them til 5\6pm by which time I'd have missed 2 doses. :evil:

The Hospital pharmacy will be open 24 hours and will have it all in stock. Go to the hospital and get the prescription filled there.

My wife had to go to our local hospital at 11pm to pick up a prescription for me as my back was spasming so badly one time that only my head and heels were touching the bed.

oh god I wish I'd known that! Too late now. I'm on my own til 6pm tonight and the prescription has been ordered at the local chemist.

frugal":28ves9mt said:
The Hospital pharmacy will be open 24 hours and will have it all in stock. Go to the hospital and get the prescription filled there.

My wife had to go to our local hospital at 11pm to pick up a prescription for me as my back was spasming so badly one time that only my head and heels were touching the bed.

I tried that in my local hospital (Maidstone) some time ago and they told me they wouldn't dispense to anyone who wasn't an inpatient.

Impressive scar Wizer. I have a couple of good scars and, somehow, my nieces and nephew got the impression that Uncle Brendan got them fighting off a Great White shark in S. Africa and killing a Salt Water crocodile with his bare hands in Australia.

You could get some mileage out of it later :wink:

Brendan

hehe yep fully intend to Brendan. I can really wind up my daughter with it. Just like my Dad did with me and his brain tumor scars. ;) This is actually the first proper scar I've ever had. My finger's healed so well that it barely looks like a scra unless you look close.

devonwoody":poo3lf3y said:
BSM, dont read medical books.
The author has got to write an incident and they never write about a good thing. Its like the BBC news all tales of woe.

actually it wasnt a medical book - it was a detective thriller - cutting edge buy jack harvey - turns out the bad guy had experienced anaesthetic failure and was busy knocking off the medical staff responsible - I couldnt help thinking of tom while i was reading ;)

wizer":odcaxril said:
Impressive huh? I'm glad I've not got an tattoos in that area, what a waste of money that've been ;)

Wizer - firsty many apologies for not posting before (I have not been on UKW for a long time for many reasons including a broken leg!)

Secondly, have read through most of this thread and I'm glad that whatever they did to you has been successful, (sorry I was too chicken to open that link, hate blood and stuff like that :roll: )

Thirdly, best of luck for the recovery and hope you get back in the workshop soon.

Thanks Losos, hope your leg is on the mend.

I've had another good 24hrs. I'm starting a proper physio regime tomorrow. Just treadmill work to start. 30mins spread out into 3 sessions after each meal at snails pace. I'll up it a bit every 3 or 4 days. After another week I'll start with the stretches.

My physio was marvelous, other than that she was built like a Russian shot put champion! :lol:

Roy.

wizer":pavfx44e said:
Wish I had one!
Have you not got one at all or have they given you stuff to do at home?

Reason for asking is that my sister is a physio, she's based up here but if you wanted any advice or someone to talk to she owes me many favours.

Drop me a PM if you want me to have a word.

Yeh they gave me a standard photocopy of some exercises that I'm to do. But no information as to how often, when to start doing them, etc. TBH I'm pretty sensible and I know what I'm doing but am surprised that it's just "op then sod off".

I'll keep it in mind if I have some questions Mark. Thanks

PS: You would be doing me a favour if you posted that package for me :D

Oryxdesign":3ee7hj7o said:
frugal":3ee7hj7o said:

I tried that in my local hospital (Maidstone) some time ago and they told me they wouldn't dispense to anyone who wasn't an inpatient.

Maybe it was because we were given the prescription by NHS direct over the phone and it was the only pharmacy open at that time of night. I had assumed that the hospital pharmacies were always open as emergency pharmacies after normal hours.

wizer":2m98oac5 said:
PS: You would be doing me a favour if you posted that package for me :D
Balls! You know what, I have been racking my brains knowing that I had promised to do something for someone and couldn't for the life of me remember what it was. The bloody package is on my computer bag too just waiting for a stamp.

I am going to Birmingham tomorrow and pass a big post office on the way to the office so will try and remember to drop it in on the way. :oops:

You da man Mark. Thanks ;)

RogerS":2oqw29pd said:
wizer":2oqw29pd said:
..... Just treadmill work to start. .....

i can heartily recommend an iPod Shuffle to make those minutes go by.

oooh tempting Roger. But seeing as I have the treadmill setup in front of the TV, which in turn has a sky plus box with woodworking episodes on it....

Back