Window 10

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for everyday use Mac is the best OS I've used (never used linux).

Unfortunately some software I have to use for work isn't available on Mac and if it is just doesn't run well at all. I looked at running parallels but my not technically minded self couldn't install windows as required onto it.

So I bit the bullet and bought a Lenovo Laptop which runs I7 and all the ram needed, solid state drive etc etc - This runs on Windows10 and in comparison to the Macbook Pro I have, its so slow and the battery life is terrible!! Cost almost as much as My Mac too!!!!

But I persevere as needs must!

woodfarmer":l6k62a9t said:
Sporky McGuffin":l6k62a9t said:
Aye - sorry, should have mentioned that. The rollback was pretty quick and painless on mine too.

I can't find the roll back command for Dos 6.2 ?

never mind I still have the source code for CPm 2.2 and the BIOS I wrote for it. :)

:D That takes me back. Remember the time when I was sent off to San Francisco (well, someone had to do it :wink: ) on a Systems Admin course for an imaging and workflow product. As a dedicated Mac-ophile, the world of C: was a closed book, so used was I to just dragging and dropping. The first day, the course tutor said 'slight slip up on our part but we need you to copy the following files to your C drive'. The look on her face when I asked her how to do it. :lol:

I have 2 pcs at work which I bought with windows 8, which I hated from day one and wished I had chosen the windows 7 option instead. I can remember spending ages trying to find how to turn the computer off the first time!

Ive just installed windows 10 on them and then classic shell. It brings back the start button and with the 2 columns, so all programs, control panel and file explorer are can all be found easily again. So far all seems good.

Latest posts

Back