Whitmores Timber

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter T

Established Member
Reaction score
Got some very nice QS English oak from Whitmores today.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone there for help and friendliness, and, if you're in the Midlands area and haven't tried them, you should :D

Yup, I'd go along with that. One caveat...make sure you don't go around lunchtime as they effectively close down. Helpful to ring them in advance as well.

Great place 8)
Apparently my late Uncle Herbert used to be a saw doctor there :)
And don't forget if you have a small project to do the off-cut / shorts / damaged cabin has some nice bits and pieces if you have the time to sort through it :wink:

Andy

ive not used them yet, i use sykes for most at the moment and i have to say the quality of the american ash i bought was second to none, I have bought about 2 m/3 in recent months.

what are whitmores like for prices?

mark270981":13fx238h said:
ive not used them yet, i use sykes for most at the moment and i have to say the quality of the american ash i bought was second to none, I have bought about 2 m/3 in recent months.

what are whitmores like for prices?

I bought 3.55 cu. ft. of "1st quality" QS English oak for £176.66, inc VAT, so £49.76/cu.ft.

The invoice quotes £1595.00/Cu. M. plus VAT

They like you to make an appointment if you want to view and select your own timber.

Back