Which woodworking YouTube channels do you watch?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just discovered ‘Wood Design’, brilliant!
Check out ‘how to make a curved modern bench’.

most covered already but like:

Stavros Gakos
The Woodgrafter (seems to have given up)
Jay Bates
Stumpy nubs
New Brit Workshop
Pask Makes
Graham Blackburn
RenaissanceWW (Renaissance Woodworker)
Wood by Wright
Wood and Shop
Kings Fine Woodworking

do get really fed up with YouTube overdoses of 'reviews' of gear supplied by Trend, Sauter shop, Axminster....it just guarantees I don't buy it. A huge turn off. I like the Peter Millard approach to selling his gear and support him with purchases as opposed to Patreon. However despite me happy paying his last bill he still refunded me some back! lol but was impressed.

Sampson Boat Company is a great channel, rebuilding a large wooden sailing boat, what's nice about it alongside the actual woodworking is the obvious passion and puzzling involved in the project

Thanks for this recommendation.

Since you've posted this I've just hit episode 50 (of 144 or something?) and this is hands down one of the best series I've watched on Youtube.

I'm not into boat building, nor did I know anything about it really but the woodworking is ace. The size of the timbers and that bandsaw he gets (ship saw) is great.

I'd recommend anyone just hit up a random episode and you'll be hooked. The editing/video side of it is ace. No BS, no selling, just great.

+1 to Bradshaw some very practical advice.
Hi mate am so glad your back I missed watching you on YouTube. I was sorry to hear you were not well I hope get better soon keep up with video when it Great your back again. Just to let you know I do get a lot from your video thanks Paul

@D_W Perhaps the financial rewards might not be there,
I could easily see someone get at least half of the sub count that the gurus
have.
Take some decent UK channels, perhaps New Yorkshire workshop
Not looked at his social blade stats, there ya go, as expected
Seems profitable for one to do it in my eyes.
I take it's only a percentage of this cash, on the low end of the spectrum of estimates, but regardless, an income it seems to me.
This guys only been utubing in recent years.
View attachment 149171
this guy is top drawer, as is "pask makes," an english guy living in oz who produces some outstanding stuff, lots of channels copy each other, its rare to find one that produces their own ideas or isnt about shop tours or laser reviews. i watch channels for entertainment rather than dung reality tv, but occasionally you pick up good ideas or techniques.

I watch / have watched the following;
I realise it's been two years± since you initially posted your question but, in truth, I have to say that 99% of YouTubers posting stuff about woodworking are almost 100% ignorable on the basis that they're generally not very good.

Last edited:
Never see this chap mentioned, he's a bit of a Bradshaw Joinery type as in he actually knows what he's doing and doesn't try to sell you anything.

I like sites that actually complete a piece of furniture ! :rolleyes:
A few American sites worth viewing are :
1 Four eyes furniture. Great production and a self deprecating sense of humour.
2. Blacktail Studio l Ditto.
3 Workshop Companion. American again but Nick has a terrific delivery and extremely knowledgeable.
4. Woodworkers source. A wood retailer in the mid west . No furniture but he describes the characteristics of the wood he sells. Worth a look.
5 Timothy Wilmots. Alas no longer posting but he has a workshop to die for and is based in northern France or Belgium.
Planning laws in the US seem very relaxed and of course they have loads of space. Yes, I am envious..

Gidjoiner's back after a long bout of illness for anyone interested. Link takes you to his video with a brief explanation, but his Facebook page goes into more detail. Glad to see the dude back, down to earth and knows his stuff.

Back