Which Woodshow?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratkinsonuk

Established Member
Reaction score
With all the talk of this weekends WoodEx show, I wondered what the best show is to go to, given that I could probably only make one.

Main interests would be; buying additional tools (show-cheaper would be great :), tool demonstrations, meet and greet.

I look forward to your comments.

Rob.

Not sure how practical it would be for yourself location wise Rob, but I have been to most of the shows at some time or other and the only one I definately plan to make time for is the D&M show at Kempton Park racecourse just on the southern outskirts of London.

Good location in terms of being just at the end of the M3 and close to M4 and M25, free admission, lots of trade stands, and some useful demos as well.

Stoneleigh Park is okay too, but I personally wouldn't bother with Ally Pally, Axminster or even Yandles again :shock:

Am sure others will have their own thoughts too though :D

Hi Rob

chisel":12yg36bl said:
Stoneleigh Park is okay too

This show has now been moved to Stafford and called The Midlands International Woodworking Exhibition. Personally, I expect this to be a very good show, but probably a bit far for you.

Cheers
Neil

Distance isn't too much of a problem, although I might have trouble persuading the other half that I REALLY need to visit North America to buy a new Square ;)

The important thing is that it's a one stop shop, and I'm not wasting my time.

Rob.

Next one for me is Sywell next month, if it's as good as last year, I'll be happy, if it's better I'll be pleased.

Dennis

Spooky - I was next door to it a couple of weeks ago, and although I saw the "Woodworking" signs, I never put it down as much more than a workshop.

What would you say is so good about the Sywell event?

Rob.

ratkinsonuk":i9qwwlwr said:
Spooky - I was next door to it a couple of weeks ago, and although I saw the "Woodworking" signs, I never put it down as much more than a workshop.

What would you say is so good about the Sywell event?

Rob.
http://www.sharpend-uk.com/
Check their website out to see what they sell. I was there on friday and was told they will be selling hand power tools at big discounts te the show as they are going to concentrating on the larger power tools (TS etc)

I liked the friendly atmosphere and variety of of products along with demonstrators who had time to chat. The woodworkers 'car boot' was an inspired idea too - hope they have it again this year.

Dennis

Back