Which sliding mitre saw for around £200-250

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slidgeman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

my 12 year old sliding mitre saw has had it and am after a bit advice on something new around £200-250. Been looking at the Metabo KGS254 and the Hitachi C8FSE, anyone know if these are any good or could recommend something else?

Thanks,

Doug.

Totally misread that message, I thought you said your 12 year old was looking for a Mitre saw... When I was looking initially, I found the Makita LS0714 Slide Compound saw had received some pretty positive reviews (£248). In the end I decided to go for a track saw festool ts55 due to the versatility of the tool, but I might rethink a sliding mitre saw at a later date.

Do you have any wood cutting dimension requirements, i/e must be able to cut 300mm? Or any particular features you want?

Whatever you do don't buy the titan from screwfix. Mine broke within 30 days, cutting some decking but i didn't really have high expectations for an offering of 89.99. On a high note I finished my decking and managed to get a refund on the tool. So it was like free tool hire ;-).

Alan

used bosch gcm 12? right around that price for an used one , one of the very few mitre saws which can cut 10cm thick timber!
Have done my research before on this and that's the model to go if you want the best there is yet don't want to spend a grand for festool.

However that Metabo KGS254 at £225 is a clear winner for Price/quality/performance for a new unit If you don't need to cut 10cm thick but are ok with 9cm.

Well, eventually went for the Metabo. Excellent. Cut perfect/square straight from the box, needed no adjustment at all. Even the laser is spot on. Very, very happy, would definately recommend. Only criticism is that I ordered it from Toolstop on a Tuesday morning, and didn't receive it till the Saturday afternoon and was supposed to have next working day delivery. Customer services terrible, with conflicting reasons from Toolstop and courier as to why delivery was so late. Lots of porky pies being told, so would not recommend the company. Unfortunate it happened but I don't like being lied to.

Latest posts

Back