Which Biscuit Jointer?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark A

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a biscuit jointer some time in the future so I'm sorting through the options I have. I bought and returned the screwfix cheapo one about a month ago and have decided to buy something a bit better.

My budget wont stretch to a Mafell or Lamello unfortunately so I'm looking at the Trend, Dewalt or Makita but I don't know which one. I've read somewhere that the Trend isn't very well built, and the Dewalt fence is flimsy? I've thought about getting a cutter for my router but a dedicated biscuit jointer would be more practical.

I'll start looking on ebay and nearer the time I'll write a wanted post.

Any help would be much appreciated - apart from suggesting I buy a domino!

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark
Ive got the Dewalt jointer and use it most days, I found it to be reliable, and would not be without it now. The fence on mine as been perfect, Ok some will say its not a lamello or a domino, and they would be right, but i think that they are middle of the road/ok, and imho better than the trend

i have the Makita. i don't use it particularly often, but it is a good sturdy bit of kit and I cant fault it.

I have had my Makita for about 20 years and it still works as well as it did when it was new, I have put 1000's of biscuits in with it.

Tom

Hi,

I have the makita as well can't fault it.

Pete

I have had my Freud JS102 for about 15 years - used one hell of alot but apart from a couple of new blades in its life it has been brilliant - would replace with another of the same if ever it goes wrong.

Rog

Hi

If you are looking for a used Dewalt 240 volt with case and in very good working order / condition

I have one I can sell as I have upgraded to a Lamello C3 :mrgreen:

PM me if interested

Allen :wink:

The Dewalt is fine and the fence is cetainly not flimsy. I have also used the Lamello C3 and prefer the Dewalt. D&M currently have it for £173.

Jim

The Makita and Dewalt biscuit jointers seem to be popular so I'll look out for one of those on ebay and will post a wanted ad here as well

Thanks for the advice,

Mark

Reading these posts I was tempted by the Clarke, but have landed myself a second hand Elu MBR 100.
Any thoughts on this model folks?

Thanks (I think, er.. slight sense of trepidation)

It's the one I have - identical to the Dewalt apart from the colour; a very good tool.

Jim

I had a trend one briefly which was returned as it was not fit for purpose. looked like it had been dropped. Ended up with a mafell which is great. If you are still looking then you you could try asking here if anyone has one that they want to sell :wink:

I have had an Elu DS140 from new. Outstanding. I also have an Aldi one which cost £20. It is pretty good and is used most days at school.

Back