wheres axminster gone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An admin (or moderator for that matter if they have the authority) at any web site can block a individual IP or range, not something that is best practice with the majority of people being on dynamic IP's as the 'person' being blocked can change day to day or even hr by hr.

It's only usually done when a particular area of the world is being particularly obnoxious on the amount of spam it is sourcing.

For instance if a little off shore island or a mid European enclave insists on allowing the bombarding of sites with automated/semi automated log on and spam advertising posts then it is more than likely admin will block that areas IP's. just to get rid of the workload cleaning up that annoyance, very unfortunate for genuine prospective users from that area though.

I have just managed to connect to axminster through the other laptop using the VPN. When I took the VPN off, that laptop also failed to connect.
So it isnt my laptop.
But if axminster blocked stuff from cyprus, why can my mate, who only lives 500 yards away, get through?

I am the only user of this machine, and have bought several times from axminster, so theres no reason to block my particular computer (I dont even know if that is possible?)

And if it was the internet cafe, surely I would have the same trouble with lots of other sites?

Your log in IP is changing, this last post was: 93.109.167.196

You have logged on from theses at different times.
iplog.jpg

(Not a complete list)

Attachments

• iplog.jpg
    iplog.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 38
I'm not too computer savvy, but i think that means my internet cafe is using vpn's as well?

Even more confusing if one web page is blocked from all these different addresses.
lets hope axminster gets their tame geeks to work on it on monday.

Neilsun you just reminded me of the time we bbc broadcast live the opening of the first oil platform. All analogue. No satellites. Just a helicopter hovering halfway between platform and shore picking up the radio link from the platform and retransmitting it to shore. If the tide was extra high then even that would not have worked

sunnybob":2mt15f35 said:
I'm not too computer savvy, but i think that means my internet cafe is using vpn's as well?
No, you are just being allocated the next available IP connection when your router makes contact, quite normal.

sunnybob":2mt15f35 said:
Even more confusing if one web page is -blocked-----------.

That's the confusing part, it's not as simple as an ISP or IP being denied access, the fact that when you pinged axminster and the axminster IP was located pointed to that.

Have you tried clearing all cookies relating to Axminster from your machines?

The cookie and form history removal did the trick! i am connected again.
i have no idea why that happened, or even what just happened, but it works, and I'm happy.
Thanks very much.

I'vr noticed lots of help from UKW members especially CHJ but not much from Axminster. Their customer service is great but their second line ( technical support and apparently computer help) not so good. :(

Bill

incredible, I did some window shopping on axminster last night, but didnt buy as I wont be back to the UK till december. This morning I have a reminder from them that I have stuff in my cart.
Still nothing about solving the problem though.

sunnybob":3ured9hj said:
incredible, I did some window shopping on axminster last night, but didnt buy as I wont be back to the UK till december. This morning I have a reminder from them that I have stuff in my cart.
Still nothing about solving the problem though.
The reminder will be completely automated; solving your problem requires human intervention! They're probably not back in the office from the weekend yet.

Latest posts

Back