wheres axminster gone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
I've been trying for 4 days now, unable to load axminster tools web site, any ideas?

we have 1 laptop, 1 kindle, 1 mobile. NONE of them can get through. Whats going on?

Alexam":1l8azi1w said:
http://www.axminster.co.uk/?gclid=CNC9o-G2t8cCFQ3jGwodIPoLCA still there

I cant get through on that link either. All other sites I try are working normally.

Ed Bray":164bihba said:
sunnybob":164bihba said:
I've been trying for 4 days now, unable to load axminster tools web site, any ideas?
Works for me, you might need to clear your cache.

sounds painful, but like I say, we have three separate machines that cant access it.

still trying.
the little circle on the top that rotates clockwise as a page loads is going anti clockwise, its greyed out, and eventually just goes to page not available.
infuriating.
Even tried contacting through facebook, no answer.
any computer whizz kids here?

Working for me as well.
Try a bunch of flowers and some chocolates and if it works then, you'll know the reason.

sunnybob":2nhqomaf said:
we have 1 laptop, 1 kindle, 1 mobile. NONE of them can get through. Whats going on?

Have to tried using your mobile phone internet (ie 3g or 4g mobile data, not wifi)? If the site works then the problem is probably with your internet service provider.

Havent had a problem before this. The laptop and the kindle go through the router, but the mobile phone uses the phone signal. nothing is working on their site.

sunnybob":1ctuxo31 said:

I see you are logging in from a Nicosia based ISP, can't think there is any reason for not being able to access specific UK sites as you are obviously able to log in to UKW etc.

Try rebooting your router to gain a new connection to your ISP.

The fact that the 'phone does not connect may be down to the fact it is using Wi Fi not the network.
Try switching off the 'phone wi fi.

just manually disconnected the laptop. turned off the router at the wall. waited five minutes, reconnected everything. no change.

all other sites available quite rapidly.

sunnybob":w6ev5dg7 said:
just manually disconnected the laptop. turned off the router at the wall. waited five minutes, reconnected everything. no change.

Are you using:-
  • existing links,
    typing new ones in
    or
    searching via google for instance?

Sounds like something's up with the internet connection itself.If you've got a Windows PC you could try the following (it won't fix anything but it will start you down the path to enlightenment (hammer))

Open a command prompt and type "ping axminster.co.uk" (without the quotes) and hit enter. Ideally you should see something like the attached image. The key thing is to be seeing "reply from" which would indicate your ISP setup can, at least, find the site.

Attachments

• ping_axminster.jpg
    ping_axminster.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 76
CHJ":2gds3m4z said:
sunnybob":2gds3m4z said:

Are you using:-
  • existing links,
    typing new ones in
    or
    searching via google for instance?

tried all three of those.

Nelsun":2rfwph4o said:
Sounds like something's up with the internet connection itself.If you've got a Windows PC you could try the following (it won't fix anything but it will start you down the path to enlightenment (hammer))

Open a command prompt and type "ping axminster.co.uk" (without the quotes) and hit enter. Ideally you should see something like the attached image. The key thing is to be seeing "reply from" which would indicate your ISP setup can, at least, find the site.

tried this, got 4 timed out messages.
there was a code 92.42.125.164:

any help?

Back